DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Razr Screen better/brighter then the Htc Rezound?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I'm curious why the OP thinks the RAZR will get more roms than the the Rezound... Did HTC go back on their bootloader policy? Or is it a popularity thing? At this point it can't be a popularity thing...they both just came out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Well razr seems closer of getting a ROM then the rezound. Also the razr bears the rezound even with a slower cpu and probably shows movie better or no?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I wouldnt say the chip in the RAZR beats the Rezound (some may say it and do say it...lol) ....but....at 1.5Ghz I would think the Rezound would be a bigger difference in benchmarks and performance. Benchmarks will be a crap shoot since the screen res is higher on the Rezound. That more times than not effects benchmarks, depending on some things. I am running a live wallpaper that I heard made some phones lag and sluggish or the live wallpaper was lagging. So far havent really seen it on my RAZR. I think I'm running the same live wallpaper....not really sure.

If anything...I would say the chips in the RAZR, Bionic and G Nex are no slouch. And I dont keep up with other phones I'm not really interested in too much. So I dont know too much about the Rezound. The ROM things is a surprise to me, since the RAZR has the encrypted bootloader.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I wouldnt say the chip in the RAZR beats the Rezound (some may say it and do say it...lol) ....but....at 1.5Ghz I would think the Rezound would be a bigger difference in benchmarks and performance. Benchmarks will be a crap shoot since the screen res is higher on the Rezound. That more times than not effects benchmarks, depending on some things. I am running a live wallpaper that I heard made some phones lag and sluggish or the live wallpaper was lagging. So far havent really seen it on my RAZR. I think I'm running the same live wallpaper....not really sure.

If anything...I would say the chips in the RAZR, Bionic and G Nex are no slouch. And I dont keep up with other phones I'm not really interested in too much. So I dont know too much about the Rezound. The ROM things is a surprise to me, since the RAZR has the encrypted bootloader.
    Rexound has a 1.5Ghz dual-core processor, but it's underclocked to 1.2Ghz, essentially performing on par with the Razr from a processor speed perspective. In real benchmark comparisons (like the one from SmartKeiTai inserted in the videos above), it actually underperforms against the Razr. Also, just as the video shows, the Razr has a higher contrast ratio (darker blacks, brighter colors), so it generally looks better overall, yet it does have a slightly lower resolution. The distance at which you use the phone will dictate whether the difference in resolution is visible to you or not. For me, it's just as clear as the Rezound, and with better color and contrast, as well as better performance, not to mention being DAMN SEXY, I'll take the Razr over the Rezound.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links