DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Just dropped my Razr in my sink....

  1. Droid Ninja
    kparks's Avatar
    Member #
    131274
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,513
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    #21
    Originally Posted by kparks
    I firmly believe that the razr is no tougher than any other phone on the market.. there have been post about a 6 in drop cracking the screen and also post on 5 foot falls onto the screen and no damage and that's true with any phone.. my bolt fell out my pocket from a 6 foot ladder prolly a good 7 to 8 feet.. the back cover went flying one way the battery the other no damage at all!! And my buddy was texting on his bolt got off the couch dropped his phone to the wood floor and the screen shattered my point is all this talk about the phone being more durable is total BS the razr is a awesome phone but its no more "durable" than any other phone
    Once again, we have to be careful with anecdotal evidence. Obviously there are exceptions to rules and with phones there are dozens of variables in how one is dropped, lands, etc. So all companies can do is put as many "anti-break" features as possible into a phone to help sturdy it and I believe that the RAZR has done an above average job on that. Especially for a phone that should be delicate with how thin it is. Even if we were to agree that it handles drops as good as "any other phone" then the water-resistant measures alone should put above the "average durability" phone, no?
    I see ur arguement but there is no way to tell if it even does anything.. I just need proof of some things like the gorilla glass u can see what it does and u can see the strength in different plastic in phones and so on I havnt seen any proof of a kevlar battery cover doing anything and to be honest I think its absolutely useless. and I havnt seen where this watercoating does anything.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Morydees's Avatar
    Member #
    234468
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kparks View Post
    I see ur arguement but there is no way to tell if it even does anything.. I just need proof of some things like the gorilla glass u can see what it does and u can see the strength in different plastic in phones and so on I havnt seen any proof of a kevlar battery cover doing anything and to be honest I think its absolutely useless. and I havnt seen where this watercoating does anything.
    While I agree it's hard to judge the kevlar back cover, what is it going to take to convince you about the water resistance? Have you not watched the videos in this thread very clearly showing it works?

    Here's another


    And another


    And an explanation
    jroc likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    kparks's Avatar
    Member #
    131274
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,513
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    #23
    Originally Posted by kparks
    I see ur arguement but there is no way to tell if it even does anything.. I just need proof of some things like the gorilla glass u can see what it does and u can see the strength in different plastic in phones and so on I havnt seen any proof of a kevlar battery cover doing anything and to be honest I think its absolutely useless. and I havnt seen where this watercoating does anything.
    While I agree it's hard to judge the kevlar back cover, what is it going to take to convince you about the water resistance? Have you not watched the videos in this thread very clearly showing it works?

    Here's another


    And another


    And an explanation
    Nothing ill never believe it... NEVER.. lol jk .no I havnt watched it yet.. ill do it when I get home and post back it better not be nothing corney like them lightly sprinkling the razr with a hose or sumn lol..

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Last edited by kparks; 12-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    jroc's Avatar
    Member #
    56815
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,855
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Morydees View Post
    Once again, we have to be careful with anecdotal evidence. Obviously there are exceptions to rules and with phones there are dozens of variables in how one is dropped, lands, etc. So all companies can do is put as many "anti-break" features as possible into a phone to help sturdy it and I believe that the RAZR has done an above average job on that. Especially for a phone that should be delicate with how thin it is.

    Even if we were to agree that it handles drops as good as "any other phone" then wouldn't the water-resistant measures alone put it above the "average durability" category?
    You make a good point and I would have to agree. I will post some clips of my Droid X1 and Droid 1 with just a wet screen sometime in the near future. Might as well do an under the faucet test for all 3 phones too.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

    MLK, Jr.
  5. Droid
    Morydees's Avatar
    Member #
    234468
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #25
    Haha, you'll enjoy the videos once you get a chance to see them. I've owned quite a few phones in my day and I can tell you that none would have put up with the amounts of water dumped on them as the RAZR (and a few other resistant phones out recently) do. In fact, a beer killed my last phone....and many more were drank after in mourning of it

    I'm just glad these companies are making good strides in more reliable phones...even if they are far from perfect.
    jroc likes this.
  6. Droid Ninja
    kparks's Avatar
    Member #
    131274
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,513
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    You make a good point and I would have to agree. I will post some clips of my Droid X1 and Droid 1 with just a wet screen sometime in the near future. Might as well do an under the faucet test for all 3 phones too.
    I like the good old fashion water bucket toss test lol ..

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    jroc likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    busab's Avatar
    Member #
    27691
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    254
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #27
    Honestly I think any phone would with stand what they did in those videos. Especially the 2nd one.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  8. Droid
    Morydees's Avatar
    Member #
    234468
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by busab View Post
    Honestly I think any phone would with stand what they did in those videos. Especially the 2nd one.
    Yet again, more anecdotes/guesses If that's the case why aren't there a ton of water test videos on youtube for the Bionic, the Galaxy, etc? Sure a few other phones do offer liquid repelling (Defy, Thunderbolt comes to mind) but to think "most phones would be fine" is quite trusting, especially without any proof.

    I guess there's really no convincing people this phone does a great job at avoiding damage compared to most so I'll just let what has posted stand and enjoy my RAZR.
  9. Senior Droid
    Arodnum1's Avatar
    Member #
    237771
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    210
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Morydees View Post
    Yet again, more anecdotes/guesses If that's the case why aren't there a ton of water test videos on youtube for the Bionic, the Galaxy, etc? Sure a few other phones do offer liquid repelling (Defy, Thunderbolt comes to mind) but to think "most phones would be fine" is quite trusting, especially without any proof.

    I guess there's really no convincing people this phone does a great job at avoiding damage compared to most so I'll just let what has posted stand and enjoy my RAZR.
    In the defense of the bionic and other phones, they never claim to be made with water resistant coatings, its the same as someone asking why nobody tests a Toyota corolla for towing capacity, but they do a 1 ton Chevy, the razr is the corolla with a heavy duty suspension, if you want total water resistance go with the Casio

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    kparks's Avatar
    Member #
    131274
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,513
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by busab View Post
    Honestly I think any phone would with stand what they did in those videos. Especially the 2nd one.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    To be honest I agree those test were wack I have no problem doing them test on my Tbolt or old touch pro 2 that was literally the equivalent of rain.........the guy in the first vid... CRAZYNESS lol.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Last edited by kparks; 12-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dropped my razr
    By Bacappella in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. OMG...my razr got dropped in water...now noting....sigh
    By hbwooten in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
  3. Have you dropped your Razr yet?
    By busab in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 04:46 AM
  4. Dropped TB In Sink Full of Water
    By jared845 in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
  5. No account sink
    By wooddale in forum Gummyjar Droid2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr dropped in water

,

droid razr m dropped in water

,

droid razr m fell in water

,
droid razr maxx dropped in water
,

dropped droid razr in water

,

dropped droid razr m in water

,
dropped my droid razr in water
,
motorola razr m dropped in water
,
motorola razr m fell in water
,
razr m dropped in water
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+