DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No, the battery just isn't good enough.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D1

No, the battery just isn't good enough.

I've seen a bunch of rants about folks not understanding smart phones, hence why they need to stop complaining about battery life. But the fact is, you shouldn't have to accept a downgrade in battery performance compared to "last year's" phones.

I didn't perform a lot of data comparisons or anything like that, but the fact is my wife's HTC Incredible 2 has much better battery life than my Razr, even when we swap phones. I've turned off LTE permanently and installed exactly the same apps on both phones. The only real difference is she lives on Facebook and I Google a lot of info.

I also haven't changed my usage patterns since my OG Droid. I'd make it to bed time with 30-50% on the battery with that phone. I hit 15% with the Razr on a normal day, which is to say, a couple of extra phone calls and I'd not make it.

Now I have to research a portable power booster battery to keep in my pocket for emergencies. So much for sleek...

The bottom line:
    I can't count on this phone if I have a rough day, for example, when my Grandfather had a heart attack and I spent the day in the hospital without a charger. I ended up using my company Blackberry to call people.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I understand what you are saying. However, and this might sound like a broken record, but my experience with the the battery on my Razr is not different than any other smartphone. If I use it for texting and calling only I get plenty of battery life. If I do a lot of surfing or using apps, then it drains quickly. Just like the Eris I had before.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    I've seen a bunch of rants about folks not understanding smart phones, hence why they need to stop complaining about battery life. But the fact is, you shouldn't have to accept a downgrade in battery performance compared to "last year's" phones.

I didn't perform a lot of data comparisons or anything like that, but the fact is my wife's HTC Incredible 2 has much better battery life than my Razr, even when we swap phones. I've turned off LTE permanently and installed exactly the same apps on both phones. The only real difference is she lives on Facebook and I Google a lot of info.

I also haven't changed my usage patterns since my OG Droid. I'd make it to bed time with 30-50% on the battery with that phone. I hit 15% with the Razr on a normal day, which is to say, a couple of extra phone calls and I'd not make it.

Now I have to research a portable power booster battery to keep in my pocket for emergencies. So much for sleek...

The bottom line:
    I can't count on this phone if I have a rough day, for example, when my Grandfather had a heart attack and I spent the day in the hospital without a charger. I ended up using my company Blackberry to call people.
    I agree whole heartedly the battery is lacking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It is odd, you are experiencing the opposite of what I did. I had to use a charger on my D1 during the day and still would often hit the red before bed time. I don't touch a charger during the day with my Razr and I still have 30%-50% when I hook it up at night.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Same for me,and I do all the same things on my Razr and get about 35% battery life at 11pm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I don't doubt your experience however I get better battery life on my Razr than I did with my OG Droid and I get WAY better battery life than I did on my G2x.

Have you disabled the included social networking and the included Motorola music app? I found that they will destroy the battery for no apparent reason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    OG -> D2 -> Gnex
    Gotta keep that data off when not in use. My buddy gets excellent life on his.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by busab View Post
    I don't doubt your experience however I get better battery life on my Razr than I did with my OG Droid and I get WAY better battery life than I did on my G2x.

Have you disabled the included social networking and the included Motorola music app? I found that they will destroy the battery for no apparent reason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Yea....I found out the Moto Music Player was downloading stuff even when I wasnt using it. I just went back to Power AMP.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    samsung GS3 i535
    I love the people with the battery prob.. it dosent last it dies in an hr i have had no real issues its about the same as my dx was. When u go from a flip to a smart phone and ur playing with it all day ya the battery will die. Come on, people that dident have smart phones are the ones having problems. Other wize if it is that bad send it back and get a new one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    DDROIDJ likes this.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    I'm also having at least the same (or better) battery life compared to the DX that I replaced. I also have LTE turned off (we're not in an LTE area yet), but unless you're surfing the web continuously, it helps a lot.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links