DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can't afford service!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweib View Post
    This phone is far more expensive than imagined. Got caught up in the smart phone thing cuz folks at work are always playing with them. Pre ordered this razr and paid for it on my CC. Just got my 2nd bill. Holy cow $100 more/more than the simple $70/mo plan wife and I were on before. Nearing retirement I need to get out of this completely. I'll plead unemployment (nearly so). Wife is ill as well. So what's my chances after a month of walking away from this and the b.s. contract?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    You won't be able to get out of the contact without paying the early termination fee. If I were you I would give it another month and see what a regular bill would be. But if that is still too expensive for your needs, you're only option for getting out of it would be to find someone to take over that phone line. Basically, that phone will be removed from your family share plan and transferred to someone else and they will take over Billing. Then you can just add another line to your wifes plan again with a basic phone.

2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    ^^^^ Yep. It tells you all the charges before you ever click accept.
    I have never had Verizon give me an accurate estimate of my bill. EVER. It is always more expensive. The first month's bill is always horrendous and I am always on the phone to fight my bill after any time I change my plan. Verizon sucks in that department.

X
    SFGate likes this.
    -Brad
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I have never had Verizon give me an accurate estimate of my bill. EVER. It is always more expensive. The first month's bill is always horrendous and I am always on the phone to fight my bill after any time I change my plan. Verizon sucks in that department.

X
    Sorry about that but mine has always been correct. You have to read what you are signing. The have a initial activation fee and taxes and all kids of crap. I know I hate it as much as the next person. But is all on the agreement that you sign. And ya the first months bill is outrageous if you have the price of the phone put on your bill also.
    Razr.....Rooted and bloatware is frozen. Safestrapped and ready to rock!
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    LG Mach
    Verizon is not the only carrier that tacks on fees without informing the customer. T-Mobile has done it to me, as well as ATT. I am speaking about the nondisclosed changes/fees, not about anything that might have been on the screen or paper before the customer signs it. Warning the OP to keep a vigilant eye on his and his wife's credit reports after he pays the early termination fees. Years after I paid an early termination fee with Verizon, (which BTW was not valid), they reentered the information on my credit report. There is a limit to how many times one wants to pay the same money to get away from any of the providers, Verizon included.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Had to pay the $299 up front with CC for razr.

My Dad retired at 81and got out of his VZ contract OK.

Our phone bill should be < $100 for 700min line share (2 lines) with the 4G data. Plus $7mo insurance and maybe $12 for various access fees. And that's it. No other b.s. surprises. Agreed? Total < $120. Right?

I want to sit down with them and do a polite analysis. See if they can work with me on this. I know I usually get contacted afterwards to see if
    I'm satisfied. I had better be.

Posting in these forums had best not be charged as text messaging.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid forums.
    Last edited by Dweib; 12-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    The first bill is always huge I think u pay a month in advance or something.. I got a family plan insurance on all 3 lines unlimited text and data and 2000 min I think and its around 83 bucks a person

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweib View Post
    I want to sit down with them and do a polite analysis. See if they can work with me on this. I know I usually get contacted afterwards to see if
    I'm satisfied. I'd better be.
    Call VZW's Loyalty Dept directly at 877.628.8922. They are a lot more reasonable to deal with on most issues and might be able to offer you a discount that your regular customer service rep cannot.
    DDROIDJ likes this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid x2
    Ok,,,, YOU DO NOT HA E TO ADD ANOTHER LINE, ALL YOU HA E TO DO IS SWIT H BACK TO A BASIC PHONE AND ADJUST YOUR PLAN ANYONE AT A VZW STORE CAN HELP YOU DO THIS, YOU CAN ALSO DI IT ONLINE BUT I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO THE STORE. Sorry for yelling but all the chatter that wasn't entirely correct was killing me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    DDROIDJ likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by robert70 View Post
    Ok,,,, YOU DO NOT HA E TO ADD ANOTHER LINE, ALL YOU HA E TO DO IS SWIT H BACK TO A BASIC PHONE AND ADJUST YOUR PLAN ANYONE AT A VZW STORE CAN HELP YOU DO THIS, YOU CAN ALSO DI IT ONLINE BUT I WOULD SUGGEST GOING TO THE STORE. Sorry for yelling but all the chatter that wasn't entirely correct was killing me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    Really? They'll take the razr back and give me a refund for the phone and unused data? C'mon that sounds too easy.

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    No they wont take the phone back, unless your still in the first couple weeks. But they will switch your line back to your old phone. The contract is on the line not the phone. After your first bill, you should only have been $30/month higher than you were previously. If its more than that either you added more to your line that just having a smart phone requires, or theres an error on your bill. Also if your employer is set up for employee discount pricing, you being "blue collar" has nothing to do with eligibility. Most companies with over 100 employees are set up with one of the carriers. Just ask.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links