DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Motorola's ICS Blog details why it will take 6 months for your RAZR to see ICS

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @JFMFT
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by vonfink13 View Post
    By the time my razr gets ics you will still be waiting for your nexus to be released.....have fun waiting for your maybe not so pure google device...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Or, when it comes out in the next 1-2 weeks, we'll all be enjoying our stock ICS phone.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by tclarktc View Post
    Did you read CNETS review of the GN? They thought the phone was just average and that ICS was still very sloppy. Id rather the "kinks" get ironed out on a worse phone and wait for the polished product for my RAZR. No sense in putting the messy operating system on the superior phone. And Im sure tons of developers are working on ROMS and whatnot. I know I had the ICS keyboard ages ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    A Big +1
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would much rather them have a team to work on the current issues and get those released ASAP. I can wait on ICS. As long as my phone does what I need it to do on a day by day basis, I am happy.

Why would I want a buggy system uploaded to my phone when it is not ready? At least Motorola is staying in touch with their customer base to give them some ideas on the progress.

Toshiba never tells us crap about our Thrive's. While I am happy with it the way it is, it would be nice for them to at least say something like it could 6 months due to whatever.

A big plus to Moto for sharing it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    6 months for a whole new OS isn't surprising, especially seeing that they STILL haven't even released an update for the Bionic 3 months after its release...
    jroc likes this.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I honestly don't care how long it takes for ICS to come to our Razrs but I sure can't wait to hear from all the GNex members how crappy ICS is on initial release. Let the GNex be the proverbial test dummy for ICS so when our phone and others that will get ICS won't be as bumpy and/or glitchy as the GNex will be. Just saying that's all

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo91 View Post
    I honestly don't care how long it takes for ICS to come to our Razrs but I sure can't wait to hear from all the GNex members how crappy ICS is on initial release. Let the GNex be the proverbial test dummy for ICS so when our phone and others that will get ICS won't be as bumpy and/or glitchy as the GNex will be. Just saying that's all

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr
    There has never been a motorola phone that was better on a nexus so what makes you think this will change now that so many different phone websites are claiming the nexus to be the BEST phone ever. The nexus has been more talked about than the iphone 4s, it's been EVERYWHERE. The razr had its one day of Fame for being thin and having a kevlar back...

ICS on the nexus will perform better in the next week than ics will ever perform on any android branded phone which doesn't come from google.

Crappy... Every single website except cnet raves about the nexus and how great it will.

In a world that does, the razr doesn't. (sell)

That should be the razr commercial after the nexus comes out.

I've had two motos, one htc next a nexus.

Will never buy a Moto again,
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    There has never been a motorola phone that was better on a nexus
    Nice rant. Replacing on for than for my second point, and replacing "that ran android better than" for on for my first pont, here I go.

Two things I want to mention:

Google develops their Android system specifically for Nexus devices, so in part this is a true statement. No android device will run the version of android a specific Nexus device said Nexus was desgined for better.

Second, my year old (and stock, blurred, unrooted) D2G performs on Froyo and GB faster than the Nexus One and Nexus S. So depending on your view of what better defines, you are wrong.

That's all....for now.
    jroc likes this.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    Like I said... Keep making yourself feel better. Cause you're making no sense. U made a bad decision. Live with it.
    In case you didn't know, there is a Nexus forum...why don't you go over there and join the other potential (and I say potential because as of today no one knows when the Nexus will be available in the US) Nexus owners and live in their fantasy world...because that's all it is right now. Leave us Razr owners to our own discussions...either you're a disinterested party or you are trolling,...either way "you have no dog in this fight".
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Keep in mind gentlemen this doesn't necessarily apply to the RAZR. They have a list of other product on other networks as well as Verizon that will see the upgrade but not on the RAZR's schedule. RAZR should see 4.0 by the end of March if testing goes well. This comes via a Motorola Mobility employee

as a side note. Moto is already talking about ICS via twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/Motorola/statu...96270235541504
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links