DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim Tool Kit

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Sim Tool Kit

I just randomly had an app appear in my app drawer called Sim Toolkit and I am fairly sure I never saw it there before. I can't open it or uninstall it. What is it ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by JP 5.56 View Post
    I just randomly had an app appear in my app drawer called Sim Toolkit and I am fairly sure I never saw it there before. I can't open it or uninstall it. What is it ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    That my friend is a good question. I asked the same question over on the Motorola Razr support forum...the forum manager asked a bunch of questions... MEID etc and I haven't heard anything back from them yet...its been three weeks. I have observed the same thing...one day it is there and the next time you go to look for it it is gone. If you press on it nothing happens. Maybe someone on this forum can provide some info.
    Member #
    Phone
    DrOiD
    I have it in my app drawer to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I have not been able to figure that out or get a real answer as well. The gentleman on Moto's site acted a little surprised and was quite interested in the subject but like the poster above stated he hasn't said anything in a few weeks. I've had it since day 1 btw. It stays and never goes away.

Sent from Droid RAZR
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Its a built in app for the sim card. It helps the phone connect with the network.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wopback View Post
    Its a built in app for the sim card. It helps the phone connect with the network.

It shouldn't keep running though. Is it effecting the performance of your phone?

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Wopback View Post
    It shouldn't keep running though. Is it effecting the performance of your phone?

It comes and goes. One day you'll find it in your app drawer and 30 minutes later it is gone and might not appear again for days...totally random with no apparent user action causing it to reappear. I have seen it in the battery usage display, but only once or maybe twice. Doesn't appear to be interfering with the phone or using a lot of resources. I guess the most puzzling thing is it comes and goes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    More information: it appeared and shortly after I noticed a new icon on one of my home screens called "search" pressing it opened a new tab in dolphin browser and went to something like infoseek or some website named similarly. I removed the icon and then went looking for it in my apps list to uninstall, thinking it was adware or something that came with a flashlight app I had downloaded moments before I noticed the Sim Toolkit icon. Couldn't find anything to uninstall, went back into the app drawer, tapped an icon for a different app and my RAZR rebooted, and then the Sim Toolkit Icon was gone.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by JP 5.56 View Post
    More information: it appeared and shortly after I noticed a new icon on one of my home screens called "search" pressing it opened a new tab in dolphin browser and went to something like infoseek or some website named similarly. I removed the icon and then went looking for it in my apps list to uninstall, thinking it was adware or something that came with a flashlight app I had downloaded moments before I noticed the Sim Toolkit icon. Couldn't find anything to uninstall, went back into the app drawer, tapped an icon for a different app and my RAZR rebooted, and then the Sim Toolkit Icon was gone.
    Don't worry JP, it will be back lol
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    It comes and goes. One day you'll find it in your app drawer and 30 minutes later it is gone and might not appear again for days...totally random with no apparent user action causing it to reappear. I have seen it in the battery usage display, but only once or maybe twice. Doesn't appear to be interfering with the phone or using a lot of resources. I guess the most puzzling thing is it comes and goes.
    That's weird....just curious, do you have any data connection issues? (Minor or major)......maybe its got something to do with the sim card. Ya know how sensitive those things are....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links