DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: RAZR Going Back

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

RAZR Going Back

Looks like I'll be returning the RAZR. Love the phone except for the battery life. First use was horrible, lost 10% each hour. Phone set to 3G only. Second and later charges actually got better. After 12 hours of little use I was at 30% battery. My Droid will be at 60-70%. A full charge today the battery life dropped again way too fast with little use. One thing that makes no sense is if you charge the battery fully and then either power the unit down or just go to airplane mode the battery will be down 20-30% after a few hours. WTF? After two or three days my Droid might drop to 90% if powered off. Give me about 50% more battery capacity and I'd keep it.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Somethings wrong with the phone, battery or an app is causing issues.

On Wifi only, (no 3G or 4G at all) 7 texts sent, one 1-2 minute phone call, messing around with Live wallpapers and my phone is at 90% after 7 hours. This is with very minimal use. Just on straight standby, very minimal use I can get at least 2 days on this phone. If you put it in Airplane mode and its still dropping battery levels like that somethings definitely wrong.

See if doing the had reset makes a difference. (hold the power button + vol down button for 10-20 sec) Then try a factory reset if that doesnt help? If you plan on taking it back might as well try a factory reset...lol. The one major issue IMO with a non removable battery is if its a bad battery, the whole phone needs to gets sent in if there's nothing else wrong with the phone. Hopefully when RAZR's get sent in they just replace the battery, cuz you might wind up with one having other issues if your orig one didnt have any. Battery life and reception was gonna be the only deal breakers. So far they both arent issues for me.
    Last edited by jroc; 11-24-2011 at 03:07 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Go to : Settings > Battery information > Battery Use and see what the culprit is...........
    Country Boys Can Survive!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Make sure to take full advantage of the Smart Actions.
    "The" Droid with Liquid, replaced by the RAZR
    Motorola Xoom- stock...for now
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    If there is no app that kills the battery so far, i suggest you exchange one because I suspect yours was a lemon.

I am on my second Razr. First one I bought straight from verizon store on 11/11/11, and when the sales rep started the phone first time, I was pretty sure that I did not see the "dual core" boot screen so I suspect it was a "toy" phone in the store. I asked him twice and he denied it. And later on I found some dust near the screen on button which is like someone used some dirty finger on it. And the battery was horrible too. Anyways, I returned it and got the 0.01 Deal from amazon.

This second one is just FANTASTIC, from battery perspective. I charged it before I used it for the first time. then first charge lasted 19 hours, with half time on LTE and half time on Wifi. And because this is the new phone, I set up the phone on LTE data connection, which is supposed to use quite some juice.

Also during setup, I installed many apps and tried to test navigator/call/text/camera.

So far, this phone surprised me positively on battery. and other aspects are always AWESOME.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    I felt the same way too when I first got mine...you have to let the battery cycle thru....after few days battery life improved tremendously with the help of smart actions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid x
    I just got the razr yesterday. I let it run down until it shut off and then charged fully. I went to bed around 11:00 and when I woke up this morning, the battery icon looked full. Ididn't check to see what the percentage. I have a friend at verizon that said keeping it on wi-fi may help the battery because it doesn't have to search as hard to find signal. 3g is blocked because of trees surrounding my house and 4g isn't here yet. Don't know if this helps or not. Just more info. from a happy RAZR owner/former droid x owner.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Newps View Post
    Looks like I'll be returning the RAZR. Love the phone except for the battery life. First use was horrible, lost 10% each hour. Phone set to 3G only. Second and later charges actually got better. After 12 hours of little use I was at 30% battery. My Droid will be at 60-70%. A full charge today the battery life dropped again way too fast with little use. One thing that makes no sense is if you charge the battery fully and then either power the unit down or just go to airplane mode the battery will be down 20-30% after a few hours. WTF? After two or three days my Droid might drop to 90% if powered off. Give me about 50% more battery capacity and I'd keep it.
    I think you have some errant system and I suggest a Factory Data Reset before you give up and return the phone

Factory Data Reset: These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

NOTE: I have heard that not everyone has been as lucky as I with the automatic re-installs. So good luck if you end up having to go that route.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Newps View Post
    These are all good suggestions...I'd try them out before taking your Razr back. I don't use Smart Actions because I haven't taken the time to figure out scenarios that fit my schedule. But, I still get excellent battery (for a Razr). I fully charge with phone off every night. Turn the phone on a 630AM. Usually get and respond to 25-30 emails, 20 text, about 30 minutes of phone calls and 20 minutes on the web during a typical day. When I turn my phone off at about 1130 PM I have 50-55 % battery left. I have CDMA only turned on (not a strong 4g signal in my area yet), no background sync (Facebook, news/weather etc), WiFi on when available, no Bluetooth or GPS, screen turned down to 40 %, all mail (3 accounts) pushed to me via gmail and alot of apps turned off by native Task Manager after screen off for 2 minutes.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotech72 View Post
    I felt the same way too when I first got mine...you have to let the battery cycle thru....after few days battery life improved tremendously with the help of smart actions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Which leads to a second question. I am in a 3G only area so the phone is set to that. Therefore should not the RAZR battery perform similarly to my rooted Droid1 that has the BP7X Droid 2 extended battery? The mAh on the two batteries are essentially the same. What's normal use for me I see 60-70% battery left at the end of the day on the Droid(rooted and running a GB ROM) and I could probably get halfway thru the next day, the RAZR will be shutting down in 12-14 hours.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links