DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: So To Do the Amazon Deal or Not...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

So To Do the Amazon Deal or Not...

I'm still in my 14 day grace period (by 2 days) w/o having to pay the Termination Fee. So I'm thinking of porting my number to a dummy phone (an old AT&T Go-Phone), then cancelling my account then Getting this 0.01 deal from Amazon & re-port my number back onto this phone.

The only downside to this, the plan they offered me in the Verizon store is the Unlimited Talk/Text for $64.99...yet the plan on Amazon's site is only offering that plan for $89.99. So over the course of 2 years on that plan I'd be paying $600 more even though I'm getting my $300 back.

What should I do?
    ---Razr---

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    They don't have a stipulation that you can't have been a customer within the last "X" days to be eligible for the new account discounts? Usually those are in place so people don't just cancel their account and immediately turn around and sign back up.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn79 View Post
    I'm still in my 14 day grace period (by 2 days) w/o having to pay the Termination Fee. So I'm thinking of porting my number to a dummy phone (an old AT&T Go-Phone), then cancelling my account then Getting this 0.01 deal from Amazon & re-port my number back onto this phone.

The only downside to this, the plan they offered me in the Verizon store is the Unlimited Talk/Text for $64.99...yet the plan on Amazon's site is only offering that plan for $89.99. So over the course of 2 years on that plan I'd be paying $600 more even though I'm getting my $300 back.

What should I do?
    How are you getting that plan for 64.99?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    They don't have a stipulation that you can't have been a customer within the last "X" days to be eligible for the new account discounts? Usually those are in place so people don't just cancel their account and immediately turn around and sign back up.
    I re-read the terms of agreement & I read no where in there where they said that...just says to return in 14 days to avoid Termination Fee.
    ---Razr---
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by 305rev305 View Post
    How are you getting that plan for 64.99?
    Must've been an in-store only plan I guess...weird their plans in store didn't match up with the ones online. I'm thinking if I signup for the $89 online deal if I can call in & tell them that a rep told me I could get the $64 if I called & see if they can change it after I've ordered it.
    ---Razr---
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn79 View Post

What should I do?
    You can't change the phone number in the new activation with Amazon for 181 days or you'll wind up paying them (not Verizon) $250.

See my post at the bottom of Amazon drops the price of the RAZR to $.01

Links