I'm a former iDevice jailbreaker and I'm basically fed up with the similarities between the Galactic Empire and Apple. Insert Star Wars "droid" joke here.
If you can answer any of these questions or direct me to a post that does, I'd owe you one.
- How is the battery life for listening to music? Ex, playing on earbuds, medium loudness, phone locked, will it last overnight?
- What's the battery life for watching movies? Ex, medium brightness, playing from SD card.
- Am I expected to give the Droid a creative name such as "C3PO" or "L33T" ?
- What are some things I should do to the Razr (Installs, tweaks, etc) right out of the box to enhance my Android experience?
- I have some experience with Linux terminals. Rooting is basically allowing you to have root privileges to the phone, correct?
- Is it possible for my phone to get perm-bricked while rooting?
- Does the un-rooting program continue to run in the background on my phone, or does it just root you and leave?
- There is a root out now. Should I wait until it's been battle tested for awhile, or are all roots the same?
- A "Rom" is custom firmware, correct? I haven't been able to find any CFW for the RAZR, is it un-rom-able or is there just no releases yet?
- Once rooted, is there a central program, app, or site where I get all my root-enabled mods? IE a cydia?
- What is "freezing"? I know it hides the apps, but why "freeze" ?