DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I bought a Droid Razr from Amazon this past Black Friday weekend, cost me $0.01 only (and free 2 day shipping, gotta love Amazon) with a 2-year new contract with Verizon. Received my Droid Razr on the mail last night. Battery was already at 50%, so I charged it for 1hr 40 minutes and it was at 100%. Then activated the phone without issues. There seems to be a slight sim card issue (re: LTE authentication, addressed in many other threads), but that is a Verizon problem not a Droid problem and Verizon customer service has already shipped a new sim card my way.

I switched from an ancient iPhone 3G which I got in September 2008. Lot has changed since then of course as mobile technology has a very rapid growth rate. I am a total first timer - first time with Verizon (had ATT since I got my first cellphone in 2001), first time using a Motorola device, and first time using an Android device. I am loving the Droid so far. Like the look and feel of it, the speed, smoothness in operation, display and the camera are what I expected from it -- perfect for everyday use for an average consumer! Looking forward to discovering the ins and outs of Android system and the various apps/functionality over the next few days !!
    May Droid be with you!!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Upgrade finally came and grabbed my Razr I've been waiting for since release and OMG! I FREAKIN LOVE THIS BEAST! Its amazingly fast, screen is beautiful, and so far with smart actions in place amazing battery life! Although it was hard to put my beloved droid1 down, it is a worthy device to go to. Loving it and definitely gonna carry me through for the next 2 years. Now all we need is ICS on it and all will be perfect! Come on ICS!

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droidrazr and DroidUltra
    HAD MY Razr 12 days and all i czan say is f... yeah! Alot better than DX. all good except LTE dropping. get to work VZW.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Guys with older phones are amazed to see me watching streaming HD movies via Netflix. That 4G is certainly faster than the company's wifi!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. FiG
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Mach 1 certified Droid Razr
    Hey guys this is my first post on here, i work at radioshack and im upgrading my OG droid today to a razr im very excited im getting it for 250 after trading in my droid i will post my findings after a week
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Just got home with my RAZR and an Otterbox Commuter case. My god this thing is light, and it's no thicker than my D1 without it's case.

But.... I have a slight problem. I used Titanium Backup on my D1 to backup all my apps and whatnot, then swapped the card into my RAZR..... and TB on the RAZR doesn't see the backup. And going into Astro, it looks like nothing is there even, despite there being only 4 gig free (of 16). Do the RAZR and D1 have different File Systems? Anyone know of a way I can get my backup restored onto my RAZR? The big things I'm looking for are stored news articles from my RSS scraper, my stored work hours (I keep my own records in case my employer screws up, which HAS happened. And my text history! I really need that.
    So if anyone's got any advice on this front.. help! Crossposting this section to the support forum too.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Whitewolf,

It could be because on the new Droids that the internal sdcard has a mountpoint of /mnt/sdcard and the external one is /mnt/sdcard-ext which is where your save is. Can't remember if you can point titanium at alternate directories you can always copy the backup over to internal storage.

Edit:
    Looks like you can change the default directory in the settings for titanium.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dracos; 12-11-2011 at 01:03 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Awesome. Thanks for the help
    Now here's hoping I don't end up bricking my phone by restoring the wrong thing :B
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Picked up my RAZR last night. Couldn't be happier. Was torn between the RAZR and the upcoming Nexus - but having come from the D1, I have been really impressed with the build quality. Feels solid...thin and light. The 4G LTE is FAST. I was running MIUI previously and did like that interface much better (and hoping for a MIUI version for the RAZR). The only think that tweaks me is all the crap that came preinstalled. Oh...and I got the Mobility package (dock, car mount, etc...). Docking the phone with HDMI to the TV is very cool. All that's really needed some sort of a Bluetooth remote for the phone and I could get rid of my Roku.
    MIUI ~~ BB
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I got my new Razr on Friday. I am a smart phone virgin. This is my first! I love this phone. I wish I knew more about how to do things on it. My 13 y/o is showing me new funtions on it all the time! I couldn't be happier. Plus it's a motorola.
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Links