DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAZR Hands On Review - In Store - 11/7

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I went to the local verizon store today and played around with it for about 30 minutes. I was impressed overall. Like others have said, it is VERY thin and I could see how a woman might not like holding it because it is thin and wide ("thats what she said")... but I really liked it. I cant decide if I should wait to compare the Gnex or just take the plunge on Friday and get it on Friday.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Just to add my 2 cents. I too was contemplating getting the Razr so I stopped by VZ today to check it out. I'm a current Droid X owner which I love by the way. Am I going to get this phone? Not sure, I wasn't blown away and still curious about the Nex. Hope this helps.

Pros
    - Screen colors were very vivid and rich. Websites were nice and vivid.
    - 4G was super fast. Blazed through websites like nothing. It made my 3G X feel so slow and laggy.
    - Overall swiping through apps and screens was snappy, wasn't buggy or anything.
    - Kevlar backing is nice. It really makes the phone feel 'expensive'. Frame surrounding the kevlar is metal and the top where the HDMI ports are is rubbery which wraps around the corners. It's a very nice build.
    - Super light. Current X owners, take out your battery and that's about how light it feels.
    - Camera pics were good! Moto finally made a decent camera.
    - Size is a tad wider than my X which is nice. Even though it's still a 4.3in screen, it makes it appear bigger.

Cons
    - Similiar to previous postings about the grayish white tones. It was a bit disappointing. I noticed when scrolling quickly the whites would lighten then when I stopped it darkened a bit and turned gray and I made sure brightness was turned all the way up. There were no other settings for the display, at least not that I could find.
    - Some apps like email had vignetting as well which is a bit strange. Those of you who aren't photographers this means the corners are a bit darkened vs the center of the screen.
    - Lightness can be a con because it sort of takes away from the solid feeling of a bit heavier phone. It was almost too light. So is it a pro or con? Judgment call, definitely not a deal breaker though.
    - Power button was recessed and a bit hard to push. I'm an X owner so I'm used to just hitting my Home button at the bottom to awake my phone. For me I know this would be hard to get used to. Again this may/may not be a con for you.
    Last edited by spyder560; 11-07-2011 at 07:11 PM.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Good review. Actual the frame around the Kevlar is plastic that looks like metal.. I asked. I tested the camera also and it was snappier - don't know how much better since I was in a well lit store. It did take pictures faster and seemed to try to focus even if I didn't have a green box.

Your cons are on the mark. I turned the brightness up an it improved everything. The only explanation of why it's not up that high on default is to save battery. Also the fact that it's so light and yet kind of sharp (no rounded edges) was a little of a turnoff.

None of those are terrible... Now we'll have to see the Nexus. I have a feeling it will be more rounded and easier to hold - it will be longer though and as far as I know no protective glass.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I stopped to look at it today. Not really long enough to review it. Of course anything is great compared to D1. I can confirm no lags moving around. A very impressive phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links