DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Razr is just a glorified X3...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex

Razr is just a glorified X3...

Is it me or is the Razr a hopped up X3? I mean just look at it, just about same design, some tweaks... Up from 1.0 to 1.2 ghz processor, a front camera, and an lte chip. The DroidX was nice but the X2 was kinda blah seeing that they didnt really do much with it other than do just enough to print new ads. Oh and I almost forgot, the Razr has gingerbread smh but wait ICS is 'coming soon' I'd guess around valentines day... These are all things that should be expected, nothing really eye popping to me especially with the Nexus about to come out. To me all Moto did was basically that the X and X2 chassis and bring it up the date with the specs, not special...but hey, thts just me, Im just a college kid about to take a nap before I finish my day doing hospital rotations...see ya...
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
    These are all things that should be expected, nothing really eye popping to me especially with the Nexus about to come out. To me all Moto did was basically that the X and X2 chassis and bring it up the date with the specs, not special...
    Is any device truly "eye-popping", compared to the batch of devices it follows?

The differences between the Prime, the Bionic and the RAZR are mostly negligible, and largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, I'd much rather have a removable SD card, than a removable battery. So, that makes the RAZR the more appealing option for me than the Prime. I could care less about modding... so I don't really care about the locked boot loader that comes with the RAZR. And finally, I prefer the build quality and call quality of a Motorola to a Samsung. Again, just a matter of personal preference. And as a very satisfied DX owner, I have no problems with Motorola offering me a superior version of the DX as my next upgrade.
    vonfink13, milkshed27 and jroc like this.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I think the RAZR should've been the X2. But it doesn't matter, as no Motorola product excites me anymore. Tons of letdowns...

Boot Manager
    -Brad
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I think the RAZR should've been the X2. But it doesn't matter, as no Motorola product excites me anymore. Tons of letdowns...

Boot Manager
    I was thinking the same thing last night. Razr/X2! I like it!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    MOTO Targa
    For me reception is king, as I use my phone for business phone calls, email, drawings, pdfs, etc,. Thusly moto stands to be the best option. While the design may be inspired from the DX, it is only distantly related. The frame is completely different, as are the soft keys, lock, switch, SOC, camera, flash, FFC, and the list goes on. It does not share the same frame, SOC, and many other things. I will agree in that it is the "spiritual successor" of the DX so to speak but to say its just a sequal is a bit quick.
    Cheers!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by electric6 View Post
    For me reception is king, as I use my phone for business phone calls, email, drawings, pdfs, etc,. Thusly moto stands to be the best option. While the design may be inspired from the DX, it is only distantly related. The frame is completely different, as are the soft keys, lock, switch, SOC, camera, flash, FFC, and the list goes on. It does not share the same frame, SOC, and many other things. I will agree in that it is the "spiritual successor" of the DX so to speak but to say its just a sequal is a bit quick.
    While Motorola has had a reputation for signal quality, I don't think that's the case anymore. My X is worse than my moms LG Ally and some other phones I have compared it with.

Boot Manager
    -Brad
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    That's how a lot of Android phones are. They release them quickly and you see very little improvement from one phone to the next.

However, I will see a massive improvement from a Droid 4, since I'm currently using a Droid 1 (not rooted). The D2 or D3 wouldn't have been much of an improvment, although the D3 might have been... But the D4

Well okay, I shouldn't say just Android Phones, the iphones are the same...

Each new phone offers something a little better then the last.

ETA: The Razr would have been a consideration for me until I read about the D4. Love physical keyboards.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    That's how a lot of Android phones are. They release them quickly and you see very little improvement from one phone to the next.

However, I will see a massive improvement from a Droid 4, since I'm currently using a Droid 1 (not rooted). The D2 or D3 wouldn't have been much of an improvment, although the D3 might have been... But the D4

Well okay, I shouldn't say just Android Phones, the iphones are the same...

Each new phone offers something a little better then the last.

ETA: The Razr would have been a consideration for me until I read about the D4. Love physical keyboards.
    iPhone is def not the same. They come out with a new iPhone once a year. It's true that not much changes, but it is always silky smooth UI IOS is. Sorry about the bad grammar
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    GNex Kanged
    I love my X, and if the Razr is an updated one...I want it. I have had this phone forever and it always works great for me. I don't need "eye popping," I need reliable firmware with good reception...like the X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Garemlin likes this.
    ...Sent from my GNex, rooted, unlocked, AOKP Build #21...for today...
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    Is any device truly "eye-popping", compared to the batch of devices it follows?

The differences between the Prime, the Bionic and the RAZR are mostly negligible, and largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, I'd much rather have a removable SD card, than a removable battery. So, that makes the RAZR the more appealing option for me than the Prime. I could care less about modding... so I don't really care about the locked boot loader that comes with the RAZR. And finally, I prefer the build quality and call quality of a Motorola to a Samsung. Again, just a matter of personal preference. And as a very satisfied DX owner, I have no problems with Motorola offering me a superior version of the DX as my next upgrade.

well id dare say the nexus is 'eye popping' with tht 4.65 inch display and no physical buttons, new os, non bloated with useless apps youll never (youre lying if u say u do use them or they dont bother u being in the way), first to get updates.

and where is all this build quality and reception coming from? go thru the forums or to ur local verizon store, theyll tell u a lot of motos had problem... A LOT!! Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...
    Not that im tryin to knock moto cus i got the OG babbbyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like my 4th one tho smh lol

typed this with one hand cus the other is eating pizza, nothing like pepperoni pie after clinicals... mmm mmm good...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links