DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Razr is just a glorified X3...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Just my thought. A phones shelf life is 9 months, after that Verizon ditches it for something new. The DX2 is only 6 months old but I'm wondering if the end is near for it. I can't see moto bringing out another high end phone and not replacing it with something else regardless of Verizon even letting them.

The Bionic just came out and didn't replace anything, now u have another high end phone coming and not replacing anything. The name Razr will sell itself and although X has made a name in the community I just see the Razr taking its place hence why it resembles it in a way.

Their was early speculations about it replacing the bionic but I just don't see that happening. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Moto Droid
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
    Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...
    I agree. Samsung is throwing $$$$ at the right...er...shall we say...influencing decisions in the right way
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    well id dare say the nexus is 'eye popping' with tht 4.65 inch display and no physical buttons...
    Again... it's all about personal preference. I think a 4.65" display is too big, and I like having physical buttons.

... new os, non bloated with useless apps youll never...
    An OS which the RAZR and the Bionic will get, and bloatware that can easily be frozen.

...(youre lying if u say u do use them or they dont bother u being in the way)
    So... if my opinion differs from yours, "I'm lying"? That's an incredibly open-minded and intelligent stance.

...and where is all this build quality and reception coming from? go thru the forums or to ur local verizon store, theyll tell u a lot of motos had problem... A LOT!!
    I actually don't much care what reps tell me; they're generally poorly informed. Regardless... is there only glorious praise and zero complaints in the Samsung forums? I think not. So, I'll stick with what my own ears tell me, and what review after review confirms.

Samsung has gotta be doing something right to be blessed and knighted as nexus...
    True... I guess that's why Google purchased Samsung... oh wait... they got into bed with Motorola.
    Last edited by GeneralZod; 11-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    milkshed27 and jroc like this.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Physical buttons that Moto has done suck. My X's buttons are loose and feel like they are going to fall off. The screen is only .35 inches larger. The lack of physical buttons and the way the screen is, it shouldn't make the phone larger by much, if any.

As for complaints, its not like the Motorola forums are trouble free either. I know I have had issues and on my 2nd DX.

Google bought Motorola because of the patents. The first cell phone call was made in 1973 by Motorola, so they have amassed a ton of patents in that time that Google obviously wanted for Android. Nothing more, nothing less. Motorola still likes Blur for their phones and locked bootloaders.

I think everybody likes Motorola because they have been a presence in cell technology for so long. That's what they specialize in. I also think that because of this, the perception of other manufacturers is unrealistic and the brand loyal people like to discredit other manufacturers.

Boot Manager
    -Brad
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    ...Motorola still likes Blur for their phones and locked bootloaders...
    Interesting to me that a lot of UI elements from the latest "Blur" implementations (D3, Bionic, RAZR) that everyone loves to hate have made their way into ICS, which everyone can't wait to have.
    milkshed27 and jroc like this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    Again... it's all about personal preference. I think a 4.65" display is too big, and I like having physical buttons.

An OS which the RAZR and the Bionic will get, and bloatware that can easily be frozen.

So... if my opinion differs from yours, "I'm lying"? That's an incredibly open-minded and intelligent stance.

I actually don't much care what reps tell me; they're generally poorly informed. Regardless... is there only glorious praise and zero complaints in the Samsung forums? I think not. So, I'll stick with what my own ears tell me, and what review after review confirms.

True... I guess that's why Google purchased Samsung... oh wait... they got into bed with Motorola.

And I'd personally perfer to have a 4.65" display if the actually phone is going to be the same size of a 4.3 incher...and not having physical buttons may potentially erase the ideal of having a top and bottom to the phone...

yes they will get the OS but...what about those firmware glitch updates, and freezing apps is still not as efficient as not having them in the first place because no matter how small a piece of processor power frozen apps use it still using a portion.

It is an intelligent statement actually because sometimes one must spit octane to the flame to get others buzzing. Example, Apple really just happened to loss their top secret Iph#ne4-cmon really. Musicians just happen to always get in trouble after a huge show after all the money is made and pulled into the city where they are but never before, or how politicians preach one thing then get caught living it up on tax dollars - they laugh their way to the back, so it was quite intelligent since I got you trying to come at me so aggressively...collar that dog sir geezzz...

Why yes they generally are as one day one a forum like this one you can learn a lot and teach them a thing or two or three. But what I was saying was more so go ask about the number of foul moto devices that got sent back or ask how android saved moto from going from moto to nomo because ppl were getting tired of their subpar phones, like i said i still my OG its a beast but someone in the factory forgot to hit the easy button one or two times in the assembly line...and i do have a galaxy that i just use for games and music via bluetooth in the cars so Sammy makes decent phones too, IMO!

I thought they bought them to get a hold of all those patents and licenses moto had...hmmm silly me...

Oh no, Im not important at all, I just do it to shine a little yellow sun on u and piss off Zod lol
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeller62 View Post
    Interesting to me that a lot of UI elements from the latest "Blur" implementations (D3, Bionic, RAZR) that everyone loves to hate have made their way into ICS, which everyone can't wait to have.
    i do see a lot of cyano in ICS...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    Is any device truly "eye-popping", compared to the batch of devices it follows?

The differences between the Prime, the Bionic and the RAZR are mostly negligible, and largely a matter of personal preference. For instance, I'd much rather have a removable SD card, than a removable battery. So, that makes the RAZR the more appealing option for me than the Prime. I could care less about modding... so I don't really care about the locked boot loader that comes with the RAZR. And finally, I prefer the build quality and call quality of a Motorola to a Samsung. Again, just a matter of personal preference. And as a very satisfied DX owner, I have no problems with Motorola offering me a superior version of the DX as my next upgrade.

i could not agree with you more...i am still using my og droid...but..it is quickly dying..i got it the day they came out...2 years is pretty damn good if you ask me...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    well id dare say the nexus is 'eye popping' with tht 4.65 inch display and no physical buttons, new os, non bloated with useless apps youll never (youre lying if u say u do use them or they dont bother u being in the way), first to get updates.
    What about the Smart Actions and Motocast apps? Those can be considered bloat. You can bet that I will most certainly use those two apps since I consider them to be extremely useful.

typed this with one hand cus the other is eating pizza, nothing like pepperoni pie after clinicals... mmm mmm good...
    Your hands eats pizza?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    And I'd personally perfer to have a 4.65" display if the actually phone is going to be the same size of a 4.3 incher...and not having physical buttons may potentially erase the ideal of having a top and bottom to the phone...

yes they will get the OS but...what about those firmware glitch updates, and freezing apps is still not as efficient as not having them in the first place because no matter how small a piece of processor power frozen apps use it still using a portion.

It is an intelligent statement actually because sometimes one must spit octane to the flame to get others buzzing. Example, Apple really just happened to loss their top secret Iph#ne4-cmon really. Musicians just happen to always get in trouble after a huge show after all the money is made and pulled into the city where they are but never before, or how politicians preach one thing then get caught living it up on tax dollars - they laugh their way to the back, so it was quite intelligent since I got you trying to come at me so aggressively...collar that dog sir geezzz...

Why yes they generally are as one day one a forum like this one you can learn a lot and teach them a thing or two or three. But what I was saying was more so go ask about the number of foul moto devices that got sent back or ask how android saved moto from going from moto to nomo because ppl were getting tired of their subpar phones, like i said i still my OG its a beast but someone in the factory forgot to hit the easy button one or two times in the assembly line...and i do have a galaxy that i just use for games and music via bluetooth in the cars so Sammy makes decent phones too, IMO!

I thought they bought them to get a hold of all those patents and licenses moto had...hmmm silly me...

Oh no, Im not important at all, I just do it to shine a little yellow sun on u and piss off Zod lol

Dude, you shouldn't write things after having that much to drink.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links