DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RAZR vs Galaxy Nexus vs. Rezound

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

RAZR vs Galaxy Nexus vs. Rezound

Anyone who is preordering going to regret they got this phone instead of the Galaxy Nexus? How about the Rezound?

3. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    Anyone who is preordering going to regret they got this phone instead of the Galaxy Nexus? How about the Rezound?
    I think these are all awesome phones.. im prob going with the nexus but im sure anyone of those would make its owner happy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    jroc likes this.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    They all have there ups and downs. To me the Galaxy Nexus is the best because its a google phone so its stock android and gets all the updates first. Its also really easy to root and unlock. You type a few commands and your done.
    Second would be the Rezound because it has a 720p screen like the Galaxy Nexus. There is a pretty good chance that this will be locked.
    Last is the RAZR because it doesn't have a removeable battery, and it locked down.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1

Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid

Thanks for the donation!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    The removeable battery seems to be a big deal for some but others its not so. Take the iphone which never had a removeable battery but there were not that many gripes. If the battery life is as good as they say it then the removeable battery is a moot point. The main drawbacks I see are the mediocre camera, and locked bootloader on VZW. Some do not like the moto ui but that can be either removed or overwritten with another launcher. Since there are already rumors of rooting, custom ROMs are only a step away.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by equake View Post
    I order the Razr for I am going to England for thanksgiving and I need a global phone, but I want to see how the Razr sound with my music, For I will not consider the Galaxy Nexus, for it is not a world phone. The Rezound is suppose to be best for music and has the best screen so, if I don't like the Razr I have 14 days to return it. You forget to mention the Driod 4, is around the corner. So is the Motorola Dinara. So what every you do don't have buyer regret.
  7. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    A phone has to be good hardware 1st for me.

Moto makes by far the best communication hardware.

Spec wise the razr is better than the nexus other than the HD screen which I actually think will be a possible bad thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by tc1 View Post
    A phone has to be good hardware 1st for me.

Moto makes by far the best communication hardware.

Spec wise the razr is better than the nexus other than the HD screen which I actually think will be a possible bad thing.

I hate to disagree with you but from a hardware point of few the HTC Rezound is the strongest of the phones.

THE Nexus falls short with Camera and if you care global capabilities.

The screen on the Rezound is 720 P, it also a world phone, Plus it designed to for beats head set, so it's great for music

The Galaxy Nexus has ICE and Ice cream, 4.0 but that will be updated by New Year.
  9. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I typed that in a hurry, I meant reliable hardware spec wise.

HTC can suck it....they have proven themselves to have terrible hardware and software.

Never had a Samsung smart phone but reviewers are pretty clear that their hardware sucks also.

10. tc1
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I learned my lesson with this Pos thunderbolt.

Bells and whistles mean nothing if you have terrible reception,data signal loss,and god aweful software updates.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Razr - More information needed in regard to what happens if the phone software freezes up and a battery pull IS required. Happens on occasion on my Droid X. And please, don't tell me about a combination of buttons to press like with the iPhone, this combination is still software dependant and if the software is frozen, it won't work. Know two people who have had to return iPhones to the store to have a battery pulled by the techs to clear the software. And for me, a trip to the Verizon store is 115 miles door-to-door, so that is really not on option. So, I need to know:
    1. Is there an actual recessed, reset button that is a true mechanical switch to remove battery power from the battery to the power supply?
    2. If no reset switch, can I remove the battery by removing a few screws, then the battery; WITHOUT voiding the warranty?
    Granted I may never need to do this, but for that just in case problem I need to know. Don't need a brick, have plenty of those lying around.

Rezound - Where in the heck is it? No official release with specs from HTC that I have ever read. A lot of speculation a lot of people saying what the specs are, but nothing from HTC that I have ever read. Sounds very interesting, and people I know who have HTC have liked them, and it appears their radios are as strong as Moto. (Very important when you live in a small town and need a radio that can pull in a signal in the fringe areas.)

Nexus - My short experience with the Fascinate, and experiences of friends in this area and those who visit who have Samsung phones, is the radio is terrible. Will not pull in a signal where Moto and HTC pulls in a signal.
    ICS looks cool, but that is last on my list of things required. Screen looks really nice, but will I be able to tell the difference between this screen and the one on the Razr or the Rezound? I don't watch movies, I don't do videos.

My first purpose is a PHONE to make calls, my second is something to surf the internet and received emails/text messages, etc. Would be nice to be able to actually read a screen in the sunlight, but have learned to find shade, either by turning around or standing next to a building or vehicle when necessary.

Just some thoughts from the high plateau desert....
    C3H6N6O6 + (CH2)8(COOC8H17)2 + C4H8 + C5H8

Droid Razr Maxx HD

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links