Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Can anyone confirm that the new Google Now widget is working with the leaked version of JB on the Razr/Razr Maxx? The new widget works fine on my tablet. I was holding off waiting for the official OTA but the Google Now widget is what I've been waiting for....
Yes it's working. I haven't really played with Google Now too much but it seems pretty cool. The only card I have up is weather and it is working.
The default size is 4x4 so I had to drop it on an empty page and resize it to put it where I wanted it.
Just tried it with an event on my calendar and it shows up too. Not all cards do though. Not sure what the criteria is for them to show on the widget.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Thank you for the confirmation.
Wish they would offer Google Now as an app for ICS devices because I don't want to lose FoxFi. But I understand the reasoning for not offering.
I am aware that MANY have been successful in using the 64GB cards even though the phone's instructions don't state that they support them. I haven't tried one but I'll probably pick up one in the near future now that their prices are within reason. I suggest a class 10 or UHS-1 card.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics
Fox...did you copy the wrong post to answer? I believe the post was asking if they need to roll back from .215 to .211 before going to the JB update.
Fox asked that I post some information from last week.
I had exchanged Q&A with Motorola Mobility on Google+ concerning the JB update for the OG Razr/Razr Maxx. This particular person confirmed that the update would roll out sometime by end of Q1 2013. I also asked if a user had received the "leaked" JB update from Christmas, would they receive another update when the OTA comes out. You can read their answers in the link I posted.
My interpretation of their answers is this: If you are still on ICS .211 then you should receive the JB update sometime by end of Q1 2013. If you received the leaked JB update from Christmas; you would still be on the upgrade path. Meaning, if they made changes to the JB update (different from the x-mas version), you would receive another JB update with the latest changes.
I had planned on waiting for the JB update, but after this exchange I will probably go with the manual update for now.
Based upon your last MOTO JB post, I guess .215 users have a few options:
1: revert to .211 and wait for JB OTA
2: revert to .211, ad install Foxkat JB update
3: continue to wonder if and Moto honors what they say:biggrin:
Keep me posted, pls.