DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    This has been the way my computer has reacted to the Droid RAZR Utilities since the first. I've always had to extract to C:\ and then it works fine. I didn't even have to open the Command window separately once it's installed on C:\, just open the folder, double-click on the bat file and it works fine.

Extracted on the desktop has the same results as aarong03 does...the window just closes on its own.
    Foxkat,
    When doing an FDR should I keep the box checked for automatic restore for my apps? Also how do I use rootkeeper to keep my root if I do the factory reset? I'm going to do an FDR after getting JB last night. Going to do it tonight. Thanks for your help sir!
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong03 View Post
    Foxkat,
    When doing an FDR should I keep the box checked for automatic restore for my apps? Also how do I use rootkeeper to keep my root if I do the factory reset? I'm going to do an FDR after getting JB last night. Going to do it tonight. Thanks for your help sir!
    I would not keep the box checked for auto restore because Play Store will restore/install all your apps which can bog down your phone and will restore apps that you may no longer want. I always restore my apps one at a time. If you use titanium backup or My Backup, backup all your apps (gives you a helpful list of all the apps you had installed and a backup of apps that may no longer be available... such as flash player). Even though I have my apps backed up, I install my apps via Play Store rather than use my backup (except for things like flash or apps that I don't want the updated version of). See this post as a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr : Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

To save root, in VooDoo Rootkeeper select protect root although just doing an fdr will not cause you to lose root but great idea to protect it anyway.

Hopefully this helps. FoxKat may have a different answer or some other ideas but this should get you started!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TisMyDroid; 03-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    :

I would not keep the box checked for auto restore because Play Store will restore/install all your apps which can bog down your phone and will restore apps that you may no longer want. I always restore my apps one at a time. If you use titanium backup or My Backup, backup all your apps (gives you a helpful list of all the apps you had installed and a backup of apps that may no longer be available... such as flash player). Even though I have my apps backed up, I install my apps via Play Store rather than use my backup (except for things like flash or apps that I don't want the updated version of). See this post as a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr : Getting the most success upgrading to ICS from GB

To save root, in VooDoo Rootkeeper select protect root although just doing an fdr will not cause you to lose root but great idea to protect it anyway.

Hopefully this helps. FoxKat may have a different answer or some other ideas but this should get you started!

This is good in go for me Tis! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    TisMyDroid likes this.

Aaron

!
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Cool! And you're welcome! Happy to help.

FoxKat likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    If I knew what system you were on when you started, I might know what went wrong, however I do have a solution...thanks to CamoMike, we have a way to recover from a bricked RAZR, and it seems it works no matter what system was flashed on it before.

Check out FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    :
    Foxkat,
    :

Cool! And you're welcome! Happy to help.

You make me so proud!!
    TisMyDroid likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    no
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    :

I thought this also Tis but I did lose root after an FDR just after the OTA JB update. I kept root from ICS using voodoo to temp unroot to get the OTA. Once the update was finished I still had root but forgot to protect again in voodoo so once I did an FDR I lost the root. Not a big deal since the new JB root works but still annoying.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by sakana View Post

I thought this also Tis but I did lose root after an FDR just after the OTA JB update. I kept root from ICS using voodoo to temp unroot to get the OTA. Once the update was finished I still had root but forgot to protect again in voodoo so once I did an FDR I lost the root. Not a big deal since the new JB root works but still annoying.
    I did what Tis suggested and worked good. Still had root after FDR.

Aaron

!
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Thanks sakana, that is good to know! Happy to hear it worked good for you aarong. Don't forget to protect root once on JB.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I followed the link below as suggested by so,many GURUs on this board, and achieved JB root with ease! I was so fearful of rooting,yet had to try, because of poor battery issues since JB OTA.
    Had to FDR anyway, so why not root! THANKS TO ALL who helped, and responded to my questions. Now, I need to gain a better understanding of SuperUser and Titanium Back up:-)
    Thanks a million! You all ROCK!

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-in-one/]DROID RAZR Utility 1.90 -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - DroidRzr.com

BTW! I used Options 1 and 3 for FDR, full data wipe, install JB and root.

Droid Razr via Tapatalk
    TisMyDroid likes this.
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Links