DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I have a problem with vibration

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    marcusdelzell
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912

I have a problem with vibration

Hi
    I have a Droid RAZR from Verizon on the ICS update. There is a problem with the vibrate on my phone. If I am typing, the vibrate of the keys will go on like normal but then will randomly stop, and other instances such as receiving text messages on vibrate mode doesn't notify me because the vibrate won't work, etc.. I searched this already and got nothing. Someone said that shaking the phone after this happens will turn it back on, and it does but only for a short while. Is there any permanent fix or will I have to deal with this?
    Also, this happens on stock and I tried custom ROMs and it still does this. Even on the AOKP Jellybean rom. (currently on AOKP ICS "Full-throttle" ROM)
    please follow me on twitter: @marcusdelzell

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by delzell View Post
    Hi
    I have a Droid RAZR from Verizon on the ICS update. There is a problem with the vibrate on my phone. If I am typing, the vibrate of the keys will go on like normal but then will randomly stop, and other instances such as receiving text messages on vibrate mode doesn't notify me because the vibrate won't work, etc.. I searched this already and got nothing. Someone said that shaking the phone after this happens will turn it back on, and it does but only for a short while. Is there any permanent fix or will I have to deal with this?
    Also, this happens on stock and I tried custom ROMs and it still does this. Even on the AOKP Jellybean rom. (currently on AOKP ICS "Full-throttle" ROM)
    Since you're running a custom rom it's hard to say if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. The problem with a lot of ROMs is there is always something that doesn't function exactly/or at all like the stock rom. I'm not saying that is the case with the ROM you're running but it could be the source of your problem...it would not be unusual.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    marcusdelzell
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Since you're running a custom rom it's hard to say if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. The problem with a lot of ROMs is there is always something that doesn't function exactly/or at all like the stock rom. I'm not saying that is the case with the ROM you're running but it could be the source of your problem...it would not be unusual.
    ah ok. though it does this with stock ICS, MIUI, CM10, AOKP JB, and AOKP ICS. So I think it's either ICS and above doesn't function correctly with the RAZR or it's simply a hardware problem
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    ah ok. though it does this with stock ICS, MIUI, CM10, AOKP JB, and AOKP ICS. So I think it's either ICS and above doesn't function correctly with the RAZR or it's simply a hardware problem
    ah, I guess the real question is does it do it when running stock...no custom ROM?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    marcusdelzell
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    ah, I guess the real question is does it do it when running stock...no custom ROM?
    Yes, it does. I know someone with a Droid RAZR MAXX and it doesnt have this problem, but I read it also had the same problem. So yes, on stock it does this. But I don't think this happened when Droid Razr had Gingerbread.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Yes, it does. I know someone with a Droid RAZR MAXX and it doesnt have this problem, but I read it also had the same problem. So yes, on stock it does this. But I don't think this happened when Droid Razr had Gingerbread.
    Well, I've never experienced that problem, but then again I don't use vibrate very often for anything except silent mode. Wish I could point you in the direction of a "fix" but I don't know of one.
    delzell likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    marcusdelzell
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Well, I've never experienced that problem, but then again I don't use vibrate very often for anything except silent mode. Wish I could point you in the direction of a "fix" but I don't know of one.
    ok well thanks anyways I'm going back to stock now to see if anything somehow happened
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rooted XT912
    I have the exact same issue. I'm on the maxx. It started for me randomly. I noticed it one day. Talked to a Verizon rep at the store and hers was doing the same thing. Even on JB its doing it. She said she would replace the phone but I had a cracked screen so she couldn't do anything.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

Re: I have a problem with vibration

This came up a couple months ago. Some one said it was the lubrication on the vibrator going bad and once re-lubed that the problems stopped. Of course this means tearing a part the phone to do this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rooted XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post
    This came up a couple months ago. Some one said it was the lubrication on the vibrator going bad and once re-lubed that the problems stopped. Of course this means tearing a part the phone to do this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Well if that's all it is I'm gonna try it. The vibrator is really easy to access if I remember correctly. Right underneath the back cover.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links