DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpcalhoun

Thread: cannot boot up in unsafe mode

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung S5

cannot boot up in unsafe mode

Hello''
    Here is my problem I have been having issues with my phone in Indonesia. It is a CDMA phone. To see if the problem is with the rom I am running I wanted to go back to the original rom. Problem is when I disable the safe system the phone will boot normally it will go to the flashing droid symbol but never finish booting. I have let it sit for 20 minutes but it never finishes. I have verified the backup which passes the test. I am running safestrap 2.0. All I am doing is toggeling safe system off and doing a reboot.Is my only option to use droid razr utility 1.8 and select option 1 (fast boot restore 6.16.211) ? and then install safestrap etc? Thanks for any help.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by apl3 View Post
    Hello''
    Here is my problem I have been having issues with my phone in Indonesia. It is a CDMA phone. To see if the problem is with the rom I am running I wanted to go back to the original rom. Problem is when I disable the safe system the phone will boot normally it will go to the flashing droid symbol but never finish booting. I have let it sit for 20 minutes but it never finishes. I have verified the backup which passes the test. I am running safestrap 2.0. All I am doing is toggeling safe system off and doing a reboot.Is my only option to use droid razr utility 1.8 and select option 1 (fast boot restore 6.16.211) ? and then install safestrap etc? Thanks for any help.
    I am assuming that you are currently on .211, is that correct? Before restoring as you have outlined I would clear cache, clear Delvik cache, clear data and then try to reboot. If that fails then yes, I think the best option is to restore back to .211 and start over.
    apl3 likes this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Samsung S5
    Thank you for the help. That did not work so I just installed a 6.16.215 base. Once I get back to the states i will fix it correctly. Using the razr utility plus safestrap 3.

Links