DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By joshxdroid

Thread: Battery drops 10-20% at a time

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr

Battery drops 10-20% at a time

Every time my phone battery life gets down to 40%, it shoots straight down 10%, 20%, even 30%. Also happens while charging, but not as drastic.

Pictures attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drops 10-20% at a time-screenshot_2012-11-24-15-14-31.png   Battery drops 10-20% at a time-screenshot_2012-11-25-19-14-19.png  

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    My Droid X has started doing the same thing, but my battery is also bulging so I believe my battery is just bad. I experience incredible drops like those in your screenshot (usually much worse, like from 75% down to 40% and then from 37% down to 20%). I basically get about 4 hours of use out of my phone before it goes from completely charged to entirely dead if I use it at all lol
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    At least with the Droid X you can buy a new battery on amazon/ebay. Razr has no battery cover, and you are unable to replace the battery
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Actually the battery can be replaced, although it's a lot more labor intensive. But I think you're problem lies in that the battery meter information is bad. This in many cases can be solved by a couple days of meter training. The next time you are ready to charge. Power your phone off and let it charge all the way to 100% without turning it on. (Takes 3 hours on razr, 5.5 hours on maxx) you can check the status by pushing a volume key. After reaching 100% power you're phone on and use normally without charging at all until you get down to the charge warning (10%) then power off and charge all the way back up without powering back on. And I believe your problem may be taken care of.

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
    FoxKat and zmz723 like this.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I am starting to get the same thing.

The battery will go from 38-43% down to 18-23% in an instant. This is just using a widget from the homescreen though (I think it's GSam).

Anyways, I'm going to try some battery meter re-calibrating over the next few days. I need all the battery I can get. It has never worked properly in my mind. I used to keep it on airplane mode all day since the building I worked in had no signal anyways, so for 7-10 hours a day it was on airplane, screen off, wifi/gps/bluetoof off, everything. Still wouldn't last a full day. Now it's even worse.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jp233

The battery will go from 38-43% down to 18-23% in an instant. This is just using a widget from the homescreen though (I think it's GSam).

Anyways, I'm going to try some battery meter re-calibrating over the next few days. I need all the battery I can get. It has never worked properly in my mind. I used to keep it on airplane mode all day since the building I worked in had no signal anyways, so for 7-10 hours a day it was on airplane, screen off, wifi/gps/bluetoof off, everything. Still wouldn't last a full day. Now it's even worse.
    That's really bad. On airplane it should last a long time

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX

I noticed that with gsam when i had it..took it off right away..i been usein battery monitor n will nvr swich agian

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I'll look into Battery Monitor (the one from 3C?). It looks good.

I got the Gsam one because it had 1% increments, which I definitely want. And the widget shows that plus how much remaining time, based on average usage or whatever. The graphs are nice too. But I wish it had Battery Temp, although not a big deal I like to try to keep the thing under 105 F if possible. SO I had to get some other widget to show me Temp.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    I'll look into Battery Monitor (the one from 3C?). It looks good.

I got the Gsam one because it had 1% increments, which I definitely want. And the widget shows that plus how much remaining time, based on average usage or whatever. The graphs are nice too. But I wish it had Battery Temp, although not a big deal I like to try to keep the thing under 105 F if possible. SO I had to get some other widget to show me Temp.
    Iam not sure but it could be.that app shows temps..n i feel u,i liked gsam cuz it gave me alot of info but didnt like how it was drainin me..my phone even started tweekin out,,i got a short thread on here between the two of my exprience actually.. iam sure it was becuz of gsam,i dnt dl random apps like that,i normally want my phone out of feelin cluttered n disable apps that dnt need to be running

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH

Links