DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Help

  1. Junior Droid
    jhuntin's Avatar
    Member #
    261501
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    motorola razr maxx
    #1

    Help

    I know i'm a moron, but I need help. I have a razr maxx and I was on ss 2.11 using ft retro cm9. I uninstalled 2.11 and installed ss 3.05. I made a back up and when I booted the screen would freeze. I installed another rom and when I rebooted everything was fine. I uninstalled ss 3.05 and re-installed ss 2.11 and now when I boot, the ss 2.11 screen comes on and then I get a black screen. Every 10 reboots a droid guy pops up lying down with a triangle that has an "!" in it. Is this phone shot or is there hope. Any help would really be appreciated.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jhuntin View Post
    I know i'm a moron, but I need help. I have a razr maxx and I was on ss 2.11 using ft retro cm9. I uninstalled 2.11 and installed ss 3.05. I made a back up and when I booted the screen would freeze. I installed another rom and when I rebooted everything was fine. I uninstalled ss 3.05 and re-installed ss 2.11 and now when I boot, the ss 2.11 screen comes on and then I get a black screen. Every 10 reboots a droid guy pops up lying down with a triangle that has an "!" in it. Is this phone shot or is there hope. Any help would really be appreciated.
    I'll try to help but I have a few to ask so that I understand a few things 1) I don't know what ss 2.11 or ss3.05 is, please explain 2)do you still have CM9 on your phone and if so how did it get there 3) What ROM did you reinstall after you re-installed 2.11, what ever that is? Let's start from there.
  4. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun
    I'll try to help but I have a few to ask so that I understand a few things 1) I don't know what ss 2.11 or ss3.05 is, please explain 2)do you still have CM9 on your phone and if so how did it get there 3) What ROM did you reinstall after you re-installed 2.11, what ever that is? Let's start from there.
    He means safestrap custom recovery. He had once version and updated to the new version. I don't have any experience with updating a recovery, but I understand it can be a bit of a nightmare

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  5. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #4
    I would probably use Matt's utility to fastboot back to stock. I don't know if that's the right answer. Can you hold all the buttons down And get into stock recovery?

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  6. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    He means safestrap custom recovery. He had once version and updated to the new version. I don't have any experience with updating a recovery, but I understand it can be a bit of a nightmare

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
    I have very limited experience with SafeStrap and I haven't used it in 6 or 8 months, so I'm not even going to try to help him with upgrading/fixing a custom recovery. I agree though, if he can get into Fastboot then restoring to stock .211 with Matt's Utility 1.82 is probably the safest/best way to go. That should erase everything, the only question I would have will it eliminate the safeside partition that safestrap creates?
  7. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun
    I have very limited experience with SafeStrap and I haven't used it in 6 or 8 months, so I'm not even going to try to help him with upgrading/fixing a custom recovery. I agree though, if he can get into Fastboot then restoring to stock .211 with Matt's Utility 1.82 is probably the safest/best way to go. That should erase everything, the only question I would have will it eliminate the safeside partition that safestrap creates?
    Yeah I wondered about that too. I have never unistalled safestrap or any other recovery. I know tismydroid just went through some trouble with updating safestrap. Maybe tis will chime in

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  8. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #7
    Here I am, lol! I got a bootloop when I tried to uninstall bootstrap so I could install safestrap. All I did was option 1 in Matt's 1.82 utility to get back to bone stock, then I proceeded to install .215, root and install safestrap.

    My best guess is that he should go back to stock and start from scratch. I am thinking that his safestrap safe side should still be intact after doing so but am not 100% on that.

    I'll see if I can do some research to find that answer.
  9. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #8
    Haven't found the answer to whether the safe side is protected after returning to stick .211 but here are some links to read through...

    http://blog.hash-of-codes.com (the correct version of safestrap for your phone can be found at the bottom of the page).

    Safestrap Guide for RAZR
  10. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #9
    Hail to Tis!

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
  11. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid
    Hail to Tis!

    Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean
    Lol, thanks Josh! Hopefully we hear back how everything went.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

take a ss with droid razr maxx

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+