DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My battery will drain in 10 minutes or less...WTF?!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    They shipped the replacement phone to the wrong address, my old one. I hate how they don't confirm where to ship it. Now I have to get that one back, but they are overnighting me another one to my office. Should be here tomorrow.

I mentioned battery bulge and they sent me to a supervisor. Sooo there's that. Kinda wish it would explode (without hurting me of course) they'd probably let me upgrade to whatever the hell I wanted and keep unlimited data for life.

Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    I agree choco... play it safe. Have you got your replacement yet? In addition call Verizon to let them know the battery is bulging... just as a little assurance to note the seriousness of the problem and if it happens to get worse in transit, they have record that it could and it is not something you did taking it apart before sending it.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocula78
    They shipped the replacement phone to the wrong address, my old one. I hate how they don't confirm where to ship it. Now I have to get that one back, but they are overnighting me another one to my office. Should be here tomorrow.

I mentioned battery bulge and they sent me to a supervisor. Sooo there's that. Kinda wish it would explode (without hurting me of course) they'd probably let me upgrade to whatever the hell I wanted and keep unlimited data for life.
    Lmao! I was sorta thinking the same thing... but I would put it in a explosion proof safe to protect myself from serious injury.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Foxkat is a freakin genius... just sayin
    FoxKat likes this.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    And the Webby award for longest post goes to...

FoxKat likes this.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Themer Launcher
    Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat

5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    SOunds like my Droid might have the RF issue. Can someone explain exactly what it is and how to fix it? My Droid X will last all night if not touched. WHen I start doing any app/game playing such as Words with Friends or Internet Browsing it will go through the battery within 5 to 10 minutes.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X2
    I've had the same issue.. Although, I may have missed something here, I don't see any actual answers to determine what the cause is. My battery swelled up as well, so I bought a new one... and I figured why not get something better, so I got an extended 3500mAh thinking it would fix the issue and be awesome....
    It was not awesome. It now lasts about 30 minutes, goes from 100% to 10% and I have about 30 secs to find a charger or it shuts off... ok, then here's the interesting part - WHEN I PLUG IT IN AFTER IT SHUTS OFF... it says it has 100% battery and to unplug, but if I do it tells me that it has 5% battery and shuts off again.

I bought the phone used, so no warrantee and I'm sure it's so old that they don't even make it anymore... but I don't have any other issues with the phone besides this one.

Does anyone know what may cause this issue? A motherboard? Software? Apps? The FBI/NSA? (lol) But for real, if the phone is junk I can accept it, but I'm the kind of person that likes to at least get the answer before throwing in the towel.

Thanks in advance!!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    The short answer is to power off the phone, connect it to the charger, and in your case with the large extended battery allow it to charge for a minimum of 6 hours.

Once done, disconnect and power up. The phone should run for a good 18 to 24 hours on that battery. Keep using it until the phone says to connect to the charger. Then power off and charge again for the 6 hours. From there you can power up and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    jaye712 likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links