DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Need some battery help

  1. Senior Droid
    EA.Droyd's Avatar
    Member #
    30250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #1

    Need some battery help

    I've got something running in the background that is sucking the life out of my battery.
    Under the battery tab in settings it shows the phone is awake almost completely versus the screen being on a short time. Under that it lists android os at 72 percent versus 61 percent for the display. I have no idea what in the android os that could be running all the time even with the screen off. My friends recommend using task killers to eliminate the problem. The issue started a month ago and draining the life out my battery. I used to get around 40hours of use between charges now I'm lucky if I can make it 24 hours. I've had the phone completely drain down and die twice this week. I don't know the cause and don't know what to do. I'm on. 215, I've done multiple resets and cleared cache and uninstalled recent apps. I however, have kept the updates coming for current apps that I have. Can anyone help with ideas or anything. The phone ran perfectly on GB but since ICS it's been hit or miss. If I have to exchange the phone I'll be pissed, since Google owns Motorola the issues with ICS should be considered a manufacturer defect and covered under warranty. I just want a phone that works as it was designed.
    If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    drew96dawg's Avatar
    Member #
    258491
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mobile Al
    Posts
    1,113
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    #2

    Re: Need some battery help

    Quote Originally Posted by EA.Droyd View Post
    I've got something running in the background that is sucking the life out of my battery.
    Under the battery tab in settings it shows the phone is awake almost completely versus the screen being on a short time. Under that it lists android os at 72 percent versus 61 percent for the display. I have no idea what in the android os that could be running all the time even with the screen off. My friends recommend using task killers to eliminate the problem. The issue started a month ago and draining the life out my battery. I used to get around 40hours of use between charges now I'm lucky if I can make it 24 hours. I've had the phone completely drain down and die twice this week. I don't know the cause and don't know what to do. I'm on. 215, I've done multiple resets and cleared cache and uninstalled recent apps. I however, have kept the updates coming for current apps that I have. Can anyone help with ideas or anything. The phone ran perfectly on GB but since ICS it's been hit or miss. If I have to exchange the phone I'll be pissed, since Google owns Motorola the issues with ICS should be considered a manufacturer defect and covered under warranty. I just want a phone that works as it was designed.
    If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
    First off, after going to ics did you do a factory reset? That solves most peoples problems that are created during the switch.
    If you've already done that or doing a fdr doesn't fix the issue download gsam battery monitor and it will tell you exactly what's killing the battery and you can uninstall it.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  4. Senior Droid
    EA.Droyd's Avatar
    Member #
    30250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #3
    I have done multiple resets. Phone is hot even when not being used. Why would this start now I haven't downloaded any apps that are still running on the phone, could it be a virus. Should I download a task killer?
  5. Droid Ninja
    drew96dawg's Avatar
    Member #
    258491
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mobile Al
    Posts
    1,113
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    #4

    Re: Need some battery help

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    Download that use your phone as normal for a few hours and post results

    Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  6. Master Droid
    jaye712's Avatar
    Member #
    261054
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EA.Droyd
    I have done multiple resets. Phone is hot even when not being used. Why would this start now I haven't downloaded any apps that are still running on the phone, could it be a virus. Should I download a task killer?
    For me personaly,i wouldn't dl a task killer..it made my brand new phone black out after 2 days of use n i had to get another replacement,even if i uninstalled it.some ppl have luck with it,some ppl dnt.sometimes it kills things thats not sapose to be killed.i wouldnt recommend any task killer.jst a heads up

    RAZR215unrooted
  7. Master Droid
    jaye712's Avatar
    Member #
    261054
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by drew96dawg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    Download that use your phone as normal for a few hours and post results

    Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for this app..it looks like theres more info then the one i got

    RAZR215unrooted
  8. Senior Droid
    EA.Droyd's Avatar
    Member #
    30250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by drew96dawg View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    Download that use your phone as normal for a few hours and post results

    Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the link, I'm using it now and so far I'm not seeing anything that stands out as battery killer. I guess it's possible that the battery could be losing some life. It's truly a shame to not be able to change or replace the battery. I have followed FoxKat's advice on battery usage and charging. However, I must say that I have previous experience on lipos from flying rc helicopters and it's not uncommon at all to have to trash(recycle) a $150.00 6000 mah battery in less than a years use. I've even seen them just burst into flames. So, I obviously don't want to have to go through that with this phone. So, I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.
    I do truly thank you for your help.
  9. Premium Member
    Last2No's Avatar
    Member #
    134707
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    _Last2No
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    #8
    Just at a quick glance it sounds like you may be in a weak 4G area. If so, you need to get a little app called LTE on/off and set it to cdma auto PRL. This has proved to stop the heating issue and enhance battery life.
  10. Senior Droid
    EA.Droyd's Avatar
    Member #
    30250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by drew96dawg View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    Download that use your phone as normal for a few hours and post results

    Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Under apps, it lists kernel as using 89.1%. I don't know what this means to me.
    Anyone know what kernel is?
  11. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10

    Re: Need some battery help

    Quote Originally Posted by EA.Droyd View Post
    Under apps, it lists kernel as using 89.1%. I don't know what this means to me.
    Anyone know what kernel is?
    The Kernel is the phone's primary set of instructions, and essentially is the root "language" of the phone. Without the Kernel, the phone will not perform functions or follow instructions. The OS - Android, runs on top of the Kernel, and the apps are written to run in Android.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bricked my Razr updating to ICS. Battery died. Fastboot error code:0 low battery
    By Lintroller in forum Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM
  2. Voice calls consuming massive amounts of battery. Battery Issue?
    By yougotmail18812 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
  5. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Search tags for this page

45% of battery consumed by andorid kernel

,

battery dies within 4 hours htc virus incredible 2

,

battery percentage motorola droid 4

,

com.motorola.blur.friendfeed

,

droid bionic battery life ics android kernel

,

droid bionic battery life issues kernel

,

droid razr battery android os 215

,

how to tell is something is running in the backround razr

,

percent battery consumed by kernel

,

what is sucking the life out of my phone battery

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+