DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Message I'm seeing for months, "Too many Contacts deletes" (exact quote)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB

Message I'm seeing for months, "Too many Contacts deletes" (exact quote)

I'm not sure whether this speaks to backing up, syncing, or whatever but one thing it cannot be is too large a number of contacts. There was a situation which I fixed that made huge numbers of copying of contacts by Google. Example is one person whose only change was a marriage name change from maiden name to married last name and apparently, Facebook has relevance in contacts & this woman is in Facebook - her one name became 13 contacts! I have put in the huge amount of time to cut every contact to one place.
    I don't know whether this is a sync issue or backup but I have concern regarding both issues.
    Aside from the strange word order & strange sound of how this reads, I want to understand what problem this is trying to point out so that I can address it. I have a small business but none of those contacts are included here because all of those are contained on my computer in Outlook. I would like to have hope of transferring those contacts to my phone but as long as I'm seeing these messages, I wouldn't feel confident in moving them to my phone.
    In another search I will include my issue with sync which deals with contacts but since it is a different problem, I'm choosing to offer them separately. Interestingly, in entering tags, "contacts deletes" isn't recognized as anything followed- nor does it make sense to me but I'm listing it as I read it.
    Many thanks for your help.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB
    86 people view my issue but not a soul has a comment! Thanks.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I'll respond.

I have no idea. If you're looking for a response that is from someone who is familiar with this problem , perhaps nobody is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Honestly I'm having an extreme amount of trouble understanding what the problem is.

I'm not being a jerk but your question feels like one huge run-on sentence with multiple subjects and no real conclusive question or real concrete problem identified.

What exactly is happening aside from a contact split because I've got thousands of contacts (thanks Facebook) and have never seen that message.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB

Message I keep seeing,Too many Contacts deletes- does this mean it can't backup, sync

[QUOTE=211SSW;2266881]I'm not sure whether this speaks to backing up, syncing, or whatever but one thing it cannot be is too large a number of contacts. There was a situation which I fixed that made huge numbers of copying of contacts by Google. Example is one person whose only change was a marriage name change from maiden name to married last name and apparently, Facebook has relevance in contacts & this woman is in Facebook - her one name became 13 contacts! I have put in the huge amount of time to cut every contact to one place.
    I don't know whether this is a sync issue or backup but I have concern regarding both issues.
    Aside from the strange word order & strange sound of how this reads, I want to understand what problem this is trying to point out so that I can address it. I have a small business but none of those contacts are included here because all of those are contained on my computer in Outlook. I would like to have hope of transferring those contacts to my phone but as long as I'm seeing these messages, I wouldn't feel confident in moving them to my phone.
    In another search I will include my issue with sync which deals with contacts but since it is a different problem, I'm choosing to offer them separately. Interestingly, in entering tags, "contacts deletes" isn't recognized as anything followed- nor does it make sense to me but I'm listing it as I read i
    THIS IS ADDED DUE TO COMPLAINT THAT I WAS NOT CLEAR.
    To make clearer, although I doubt it's possible to make it clear. I am shown this message consistently. Separately, for clarity reasons, I also asked about my RAZR not successfully syncing my Gmail accounts or
    Dropbox with one of the accounts. I do not know if this MSG is pertaining to not backing up my contacts or syncing or whatever. Because I wanted to avoid being told to go through my contacts & ascertain that duplicates were deleted, I included the example of the situation of 1 contact being expanded to 13 & under those circumstances, that message may make sense.
    Also, these are my personal contacts. The number might have become an unmanageable number if I had included my business contacts found in my PC in Outlook.
    Has anyone received this message and what does it mean?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB

OK, Foxcat, I won't expect resolution from you since you haven't dealt with what see.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to tell me what that constantly related message means. Since I got the RAZR in early summer of this year, that is in my pull down information. It never offers additional information, I don't know who leaves it but clearly, someone wants me to get this message.
    Later, there is complaint about runon sentence. Thank you for not cutting me as this is a challenge for me to present & also attempt to include the work I've done prior to asking for help. I made sure that duplicate contacts were deleted. This was a challenge. I used the example of one person whose place in my contacts numbered 13 instead of 1 after changing her last name due to marriage. Involved in that magnification was Facebook in addition to being a contact in my list. I typically found that many contacts were multiplied by google.
    Is there any Ned for leaving any contact name in list when it appears only to be a Google duplicate?
    Thanks for simply saying you didn't know. Until I tell exactly the phrase I'm seeing, I don't know if it's a mystery or easy answer to those in this forum. Apparently, it's not familiar to you either.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, 16 GB

Thanks, lifted plane, you DID HELP!

I attempted to remove the space splitting your " "liftedplane" which I typed correctly but even here, it was difficult to disallow autocorrection. It's not possible to correct the red line, I discovered.

Even though you were confused by what I described, by your saying that you have thousands of contacts & have not sen that message- that helps. It rules out (although you don't use a Razr) that my smaller number of contacts being beyond the ability of a phone to handle.
    This is difficult to present beyond quoting the message I'm left with on my pull down info. I'm new to smartphones so please don't butcher me for not knowing the specific term for what I just referenced.
    I felt that a likely suggestion might be about deleting duplicate contacts and used the example of 1 person who through marriage & name change wound up being the ultimate example because she became 13 contacts. I got rid of duplicates which is a time consuming task.
    This issue has been driving me crazy because I have no idea what will fix it.

What my issue is -What to make of the consistent message, Too many Contacts deletes" !!! Hopefully, someone will know what this references & my hope is that the answer will not come with as much negativity as you included in your response.
    I'm trying to solve a problem that has plagued my phone since early summer. I've been busy solving other issues & tonight became committed to putting my issues in front of others. I have spent weeks of reading in tying to educate myself about use of my phone with hopes that I would find answers to my issues while doing that reading. The issues that remain that have never been addressed elsewhere, I asked. I admit that I felt it a daunting task to adequately escribe my problems & apparently that remained unattained since you so clearly explained that you did not get my issue. It was stated in the title. What did that statement mean?
    It's still a msyterious but thousands of people read these & I hope someone else understands what it means. You are off the hook & thanks for responding. I appreciate it even though you were rough on me. Did I do you harm? I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by 211SSW; 09-14-2012 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Tried t correct the space in identifier, liftedplane.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Although this seems to be a new problem to this forum, I did a quick google search on the term "Too many Contacts deletes" and got a lot of hits. A quick look at one discussion implied it had to do with Gmail, contacts, and sync. Not saying this is the problem as I did not fully research. One person mentioned that it was caused by having sync set and there being too big of a disparity between the phone and the account they were sync'ed to. Their solution was to delete the phone contacts and then re-sync/reload from the sync'ed account. Another said they turned sync off to solve the problem. My advice would be to Google the term and research it as you are the most familiar with the exact problem you are experiencing. Please let us know what resolves the problem so we will have the knowledge for the next member who experiences it.
    JB

Droid Forums, Droid RAZR Forum, sharpenin' the cuttin' edge of technology.
    After all, it ain't rocket surgery!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    "Too many contacts deletes" sounds like poor English...

Are you using GoSMS or Handcent?

David
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Try backing up your contacts then delete all off then from your phone and go into your google account in a computer and import the vcard backup into your google account then re-sync your account and see if that fixes it. Or try a factory data reset.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links