Need some help from you experts. Drop my Droid Razr XT912 in the toilet bowl Tuesday nite (9/8). I retrieved it immediately. Shaked out all water from the phone. Power button was not working. So it was not able shutdown. I let it dried in uncooked rice for 24hrs.
After 24hrs, turning on always got to the following (still happening now):
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
OK to Program
It can be shutdown down with power+vol_down. Then I force boot menu with power+vol_up+vol_down.
On force boot menu, vol_up and vol-down key both are not working. Cannot scroll thru the list with vol-down, cannot use vol-up to select. I can ONLY let it timeout and boot with 'Normal Powerup'.
'Normal Powerup' always boot into "Safe Mode". Cannot boot into normal mode (even now).
From 'Safe Mode', a lot of the applications don't work and a good number of them not display from the 'Apps' screen. Vol-down button is not working on 'Safe Mode'. GPS doesn't turn on. The water stickers turned red, so it cannot bring back to Verizon for replacement. Re-install from Google play will not have the app displays on the "Apps" screen.
I'll need some big help from you experts here. My biggest concern is that both the vol-up and vol-down is not working from the "Boot Menu", so not sure it will be get into trouble if I try to "re-flash" it. The vol-down button seems to be working on "power+vol-down" and "power+vol-up+vol-down". I'm newbie in the android customization and terminologies.
1) Is there anything I can do?
2) Replace the vol-up/vol-down button first?
3) Re-flash, re-stock?
4) Just copy back some files to the phone?
5) Would GPS broke by the water? Or it just not able to enable in Safe Mode? GPS is something I definite need on my phone.
6) Will repair shop able to fix it? Does it worth the effort to repair?
7) If I ask repair shop to "clean it" up and then replace the water sticker. Will they able to tell if I try to has it replaced from verizon? I definitely not want to pay for the full price $500+ for a re-condition unit.
8) Should I just got a used razr from ebay and has it activate by Verizon?
Please HHHHHHHelppp..... Sorry for all the "stupid" and ignorant questions.