DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Phone won't download anything

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

Phone won't download anything

I am trying to download some pictures off the internet to make some icons. The phone tells me its "starting download" but in the notification pulldown it says either "9k=.bin" or "2q==.bin" and the download just runs and runs and nothing every comes in. I can't clear it either until I go into downloads and force stop it. Ive tried turning the phone off and on. I've tried going into apps, data manager, force stop, and cleared cache and data. Ive tried downloading from many different sites and many different images, but the download notification is always one of those two and nothing will come in. Ive tried 4G and wifi. Whats up with that? Any ideas? I've googled it and searched the forums and cant find an answer.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrost1920
    I am trying to download some pictures off the internet to make some icons. The phone tells me its "starting download" but in the notification pulldown it says either "9k=.bin" or "2q==.bin" and the download just runs and runs and nothing every comes in. I can't clear it either until I go into downloads and force stop it. Ive tried turning the phone off and on. I've tried going into apps, data manager, force stop, and cleared cache and data. Ive tried downloading from many different sites and many different images, but the download notification is always one of those two and nothing will come in. Ive tried 4G and wifi. Whats up with that? Any ideas? I've googled it and searched the forums and cant find an answer.
    I would clear the cache partition from boot mode. I had to this on my brothers RAZR when it wouldn't install apps. Not the exact problem, but it's worth a try. If you don't know how to do that, i can walk you through it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Try going to Menu>Settings>Apps>All>Download Manager and Force Stop. Then Clear Data and Cache.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC
    Try going to Menu>Settings>Apps>All>Download Manager and Force Stop. Then Clear Data and Cache.
    Do this first
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    I had this issue for weekssss...not to sure what the problem was.i did everything in the book n i decided to do anotherrrr fdr n clearing @reboot(back to back,messing with it etc)until one day i got sick of it..literally....i bckedup everything/forwarded important files to my email etc,n did a fdr,i erased everythinggggg..frm the ground UP... ,it wrked agian..not to sure why but iam guessing it might be a lil bug..iam not so smartphone technical but iam sure one of the folks on here got yo back..hopefully someone will have a better answer then me..goodluck

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Links