DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: driod razr getting hot!!!!!!

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Make sure it is turned off when you charge it and check how much it is charged by pressing the volume button.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Make sure it is turned off when you charge it and check how much it is charged by pressing the volume button.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    So i did that but my phone was still messing up. But my phones service was off during the time of the phone messing up but now since my service has been turned back on it seems to be running fine, have you ever heard of no service to a phone doing that?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    also when i am trying to recover all of my apps do i gotta do it one by one?\
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhostel View Post
    also when i am trying to recover all of my apps do i gotta do it one by one?\
    If you're on ics, the play store will do it for you.. or at least most of it.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1

If you're on ics, the play store will do it for you.. or at least most of it.
    How does the play store give you back all of your apps? Not that I want them all back on this phone, but it would have been nice to not to do them one by one as I'm doing now. I'm android version 4.0.4, is this ice cream sandwich?
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Yes 4.0.4 is ics. How it does it is it has all of your apps on record via your gmail. As soon as your phone is done with the fdr.. the play store will attempt to push your apps back out to yo.

Sometimes I've noticed that it will push things like your gmail and maps and then will hang.

If it does this, go into apps, all, Google play, clear data, force close. Reboot and hope up the play store app again. Agree to the terms, and it will usually start pushing out the apps again.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    Thanks everyone for all the help. my phone is working now everything is cool. but i noticed if my service is turned off, my phone goes back to what it was doing, is there a reason for this?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhostel View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the help. my phone is working now everything is cool. but i noticed if my service is turned off, my phone goes back to what it was doing, is there a reason for this?
    When you say your service is turned off, are you referring to you have no signal from your service provider (or any provider/roaming), or are you speaking of turning the radios off like "airplane mode" does, or something totally different from these two examples. If you are referring to the first one, where you are in an area where you have no cell phone service at all, yes, it will drain your battery in about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. I believe this is because the radios jack up their power to max, trying to establish a connection for you. I have a friend who lives in a no service area, and I also have a couple deer blinds that are in no service areas. If I forget to put my phone in airplane mode before going to visit my friend or hunt the other 2 locations I mentioned, my phone gets hot and dies very quickly. When I remember to place it in airplane mode, it stays cool, keeps a charge, and every thing is fine when I turn airplane mode back off when I leave the "no service" areas. Sorry if this is totally off base and not what you are experiencing, if it is similar to your problems, hope it helps.
    JB

Droid Forums, Droid RAZR Forum, sharpenin' the cuttin' edge of technology.
    After all, it ain't rocket surgery!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybogg

When you say your service is turned off, are you referring to you have no signal from your service provider (or any provider/roaming), or are you speaking of turning the radios off like "airplane mode" does, or something totally different from these two examples. If you are referring to the first one, where you are in an area where you have no cell phone service at all, yes, it will drain your battery in about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. I believe this is because the radios jack up their power to max, trying to establish a connection for you. I have a friend who lives in a no service area, and I also have a couple deer blinds that are in no service areas. If I forget to put my phone in airplane mode before going to visit my friend or hunt the other 2 locations I mentioned, my phone gets hot and dies very quickly. When I remember to place it in airplane mode, it stays cool, keeps a charge, and every thing is fine when I turn airplane mode back off when I leave the "no service" areas. Sorry if this is totally off base and not what you are experiencing, if it is similar to your problems, hope it helps.
    This is some good information. I been havin the same problem..my area has service but yet it doesn't(takin a guess)..i haven't hit up verizon yet but imma try for them to come out n fix it..kinna answers why my battery dies out so quick n hw randomly hot it is..could be many reasons why lol..yuy yuy yuy

RAZR215unrooted
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybogg View Post
    what i mean is like verizon turned off my service cause of bills...lol
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links