DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: driod razr getting hot!!!!!!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    The worse the signal the more energy the device will use to stay in communication with the towers... it takes more juice to shoot a signal to the tower, and to get that signal back with a poor signal.
    FoxKat and TisMyDroid like this.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    So im kinda having the same problems as you are having. But recently my phone has started to heat up very fast even when not on charger and not in use, it also is very laggy going into apps or even trying to type something out. Also it doesnt want to type anything at all. At times I would text someone leave it be let it lock on its own and when i would go to reply to either a txt or something where i have to type, it will let me hit the different letters but it won't show up on the screen at all and i cannot send a message. Can someone help me is it a bug or virus? has anyone else encountered this problem. Any help will be great
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Welcome to DF xhostel. Sounds like something is bogging down your system. Quick things to try:

-press and hold volume down and the power button for about 10 seconds until it restarts.
    -if no improvement, power down phone, leave off for about 5 minutes, then power back on.
    -go into recovery to wipe cache partition. With phone off, press and hold volume+, volume- and power buttons at same time. Use volume- to navigate to recovery. Use volume+ to select recovery. When get to the dead Android guy, hold both volume buttons at same time. Use volume- to navigate to wipe cache partition. Select use power button. When done select reboot system using power button.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    FoxKat and Last2No like this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Welcome to DF xhostel. Sounds like something is bogging down your system. Quick things to try:

-press and hold volume down and the power button for about 10 seconds until it restarts.
    -if no improvement, power down phone, leave off for about 5 minutes, then power back on.
    -go into recovery to wipe cache partition. With phone off, press and hold volume+, volume- and power buttons at same time. Use volume- to navigate to recovery. Use volume+ to select recovery. When get to the dead Android guy, hold both volume buttons at same time. Use volume- to navigate to wipe cache partition. Select use power button. When done select reboot system using power button.

Thanks for the help im going to try it out and hope that it works
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    So my phone is still doing everything that i mentioned in my first post. Is there anything else that i can do? or is my phone dead
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    U done a fdr already iam guessing?backup ur important stuff n erase the rest?if anything,if u dont have any patients like i do..i would replace it,with insurance,theyll send it within the nxt day..start frm scratch..ohh..i forgot to ask,what version u on?6.6._ _ _?if u do the 215 leak it might solve ur problem..

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"
    FoxKat likes this.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Welcome to DF m3racer. Hopefully you have resolved your problem but if not, turn your phone off and charge it to 100%. Because something is overloading your phone's resources and draining your battery you will need to get your battery to full to troubleshoot what is causing the problem. If not, you run the risk of a dangerous deep discharge which will make it impossible to charge the battery or to turn on the phone.

Once your battery is full, turn the phone on. Turn off Wi-Fi, your data, and auto sync. These are things that can drain and heat up your phone if not working properly. We can turn those back on when we figure a few other things out.

Like jaye said, the problem could be Auto task killer. Either uninstall that or force stop it from the app settings menu.

Make sure your phone is not on global data mode. Go into settings ---> more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

Turn off phone, carefully take out your SIM card (they are delicate) and your sdcard. Carefully clean your sdcard contacts with a pencil eracer. Turn phone on with no SIM card. Turn it back off. Carefully put your SIM and sdcard back in. Power up your phone.

Turn data on. Double check to make sure it is not on global mode.

If it starts getting hot again or excessively draining your battery, you may need to get a new sim card. They are free at a free at a Verizon store.

WOW!! Tis, you are evolving faster than the human race relative to the dinosaurs! I am duly floored at your level of technical wizardry and prowess. Could you teach me some of your knowledge because this post blew me away!
    Last edited by FoxKat; 08-15-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    TisMyDroid likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member

Just when you knock my socks off with an extremely impressive post and I complement you, I read on and you do it again.
    TisMyDroid likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Just when you knock my socks off with an extremely impressive post and I complement you, I read on and you do it again.
    She's putting me to shame
    FoxKat likes this.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razor
    Quote Originally Posted by jaye712 View Post
    U done a fdr already iam guessing?backup ur important stuff n erase the rest?if anything,if u dont have any patients like i do..i would replace it,with insurance,theyll send it within the nxt day..start frm scratch..ohh..i forgot to ask,what version u on?6.6._ _ _?if u do the 215 leak it might solve ur problem..

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"
    im on version 4.0.4 and 215 leak? lol i guess there is a lot more for me to learn about this phone >_< lol
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links