DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Droid won't power on or have charge indicator

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

Droid won't power on or have charge indicator

I have a RAZR and it powered off and won't come back on. I tried the volume down and power, tried both volumes buttons and power, tried just powering it up but i get no response. Is it done for? I still get the white light whenever plugged in to a low power outlet such as my headunit, but i can't get it to react to anything.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXlovin View Post
    I have a RAZR and it powered off and won't come back on. I tried the volume down and power, tried both volumes buttons and power, tried just powering it up but i get no response. Is it done for? I still get the white light whenever plugged in to a low power outlet such as my headunit, but i can't get it to react to anything.
    Place it on your charger and let it try to accept a charge. You are not the first to do this and probably not the last. I have done it twice and the only way I got mine to recover was by using a third party car charger that applied enough power to "wake it up" if you will. There is a lot written on the forum here about this. Don't mean to scare you but this is not a good situation to be in, some have reported they were unable to recover. There is also a special "motorola factory cable" that can be purchased or built that will allow you to get past this problem if all else fails. Best of luck!

Also there is a Smartphone Battery Discussion forum here at DF. Follow the link. A gentleman by the name FoxKat is the resident battery expert. I am sure he can help you if you have no luck getting it to accept a charge.
    Last edited by jaybogg; 08-01-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Forgot about battery forum, DUH!
    TisMyDroid and FoxKat like this.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    For now, make sure you use the charger that came with the phone, plugged into an outlet. Leave it on the charger for a few hours before you try to turn it on. You can check the state of charge by pressing on the volume button for a sec. It should then give you a battery icon showing what percent charge the phone is at.

When you plug it in, does the white light show for a second, then go off. If so, them that is a good sign. If the white light stays on, not so good.

If your phone is not taking a charge then follow through with jaybogg's suggestions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    jaybogg likes this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    The white light stays on. I charged it overnight and did not do anything. Still no response. I can't even get the battery icon to appear when on charge.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Ugh! It is not taking the charge and you will need to follow jaybogg's suggestions. Some people have had success with using a good car charger. If that does not work, there is the slim possibility that a corporate verizon store will have the factory charger that is able to force the charge. I know my local verizon store does but not sure if this is standard.

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Okay, Thank you so much. I'll try my car charger and if that doesn't work its off to Verizon.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Good luck! All is not lost. The worst case scenario is that you will get a replacement phone.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR Maxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Ugh! It is not taking the charge and you will need to follow jaybogg's suggestions. Some people have had success with using a good car charger. If that does not work, there is the slim possibility that a corporate verizon store will have the factory charger that is able to force the charge. I know my local verizon store does but not sure if this is standard.

What is the difference between the charger that came with the phone and the one at the Verizon store?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by tomthbomb View Post
    What is the difference between the charger that came with the phone and the one at the Verizon store?
    It is called a something like "factory cable". It is a standard USB cable except it has, a pin jumpered to allow techs to turn on the phone, no matter what condition the battery is in, and it charges the battery at the same time. Once again, FoxKat can shed more light on this. He mentions it here: DROID razr is screwed!!! Immidiate help please! POST#5. He has also posted schematics of it previously.

@WRXlovin: I too had the white light stay on. I recovered using a third party car charger. Try to find 1 that delivers 750 to 1000mA(1A). This seems to "wake" the phone up. It does take a while (2 hours) last time for me. If the white light goes out, don't unplug or push any buttons, be patient. After an hour or so after the light goes out, try pushing the Vol up or down button and see if the giant charging icon shows up. If not, let it be, and try again later. This worked for me.
    Last edited by jaybogg; 08-01-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    TisMyDroid and FoxKat like this.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    If you have the constant white light.. that's bad.. you're doing everything you can.. good luck..

This is why its not advisable to kill the battery on these things...
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links