DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Device does not boot

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Device does not boot

I had just set my phone down earlier, and when I got back, the device was full off. I tried to boot it, but I had to hard boot it. After doing this, it loads up nicely, but then the OS freezes. nothing works for a straight 5 minutes. I hard reboot it, and it reboots fine, and then this time, the lock screen freezes. again, hard shutdown. I then attempted to reboot it one last time, but I failed, as the screen does not turn on, not even with a hard boot. I plug it in, and nothing appears on the screen. I did notice that the device has become very warm in this non-booted state. I can't pull the warranty card, as this is the only phone I have access to with anything pertaining to my Verizon account. There are also no Verizon corporate stores close to me, so that's also not possible. Is the phone shot, or is there a way to fix it?

(Also, there is no LED activity, and it was working fine literally an hour ago)

EDIT: forgot to mention, I had a smart action running, and I have heard issues with the smartactions and these issues.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Very suspicious. Do you have any idea how much battery you had before seeing it down on the first fail, or did you check upon reboot? Sounds a lot like a deep discharged battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    The device reported a battery level of 50% before its first crash.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    That may still be a deep discharged battery. The metering on these phones can get very far off course resulting in highly inaccurate representation of charge level.

The fact it won't respond at all now is further evidence of the battery and metering being at the center of the issue.

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I just am having doubts on a deep discharge, as on battery, the device is still very warm and not cooling off (I put it on a laptop cooling pad to see if it heated up again, and sure enough, it did)
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Oh, don't get me wrong, if the battery is heating up, its due to constant use of some hardware feature(s), such as GPS, cellular radios, and the display.

"Professor FoxKat"
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I don't know what I should do, if I should let it sit for a few hours and discharge a bit and then plug it in, and see what happens, or if I should just take it to Verizon as a last resort. I need the phone as is, due to the fact that I use it as an external storage drive and have some files that cannot be replaced on it, so I can't pull a full-device replacement.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I have heard of some people managing to use high-output chargers, such as a car charger or an iPad charger to fix these issues. Is that a possibility, or would I be better off just waiting for the battery to go full-dead?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I let the device sit for a little while, and after that, I plugged it in. The front LED flashed white for a split second, then turned off. I'm not quite sure what this means, but it's more than it was giving me.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razor maxx

razr maxx shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by itguy51 View Post
    I have heard of some people managing to use high-output chargers, such as a car charger or an iPad charger to fix these issues. Is that a possibility, or would I be better off just waiting for the battery to go full-dead?
    This is happening to a lot of razr maxx's, both on Gingerbread and ICS. It's not the battery!! I have a factory cable and it still won't boot. Either the software has become corrupted or there is a batch of bad chips. More than likely, it's a bug in the code that was never caught that's affecting the bootloader.

A defective bootloader would have the same symptoms as a dead battery. No boot.

Bob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links