DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 132 of 157 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1565
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

  1. Master Droid
    helron's Avatar
    Member #
    235878
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    If you think roms might be something you would be interested in the future, just go ahead and install safestrap. Just because you have that recovery installed doesn't mean you have to install a rom. I've never used bootstrap, so I don't know what the advantages are. Safestrap basically gives you two slots one for stock (safe side disabled) and one for roms (safe side enabled) you can still make a backup from the non safe stock side as well as perform wipes ect. If you don't want to do roms yet just don't enable safe side
    Thanks, thanks, Josh! One more question for Root and Safestrap, and so sorry for so many questions....

    1.After I root, could I later Safestrap iafter rooting without having to reload any more software? Or it is safe strap included in MattyP package for the Root?

    2. once my phone is rooted will I face (later)problems should Motorola send out PUSH updates? That is my primary concern
    regarding to root or not to root. Thx!
  2. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by helron

    Thanks, thanks, Josh! One more question for Root and Safestrap, and so sorry for so many questions....

    1.After I root, could I later Safestrap iafter rooting without having to reload any more software? Or it is safe strap included in MattyP package for the Root?

    2. once my phone is rooted will I face (later)problems should Motorola send out PUSH updates? That is my primary concern
    regarding to root or not to root. Thx!
    Answer to 1...safestrap is included in Mattlgroff's utility...very easy (step by step instructions to follow).
    Answer to 2... Yes, you would have to go back to stock to get ota updates, but that is also very easy to do.

    Here are step by steps for going back to stock, installing the .215 leak and rooting. You are already stock so ignore but can reference it later if needed. If you are not yet on the .215 leak, I would start there then root after that is installed.

    Going back to stock .211:
    *On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
    Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
    *Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
    *After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
    *make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
    *Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
    *Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
    *On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
    *When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
    *After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

    Install the .215 leak:
    *check to make sure usb debugging mode is checked (menu-> system setting-> developer options).
    *Then in settings, go to “Security" and check “Unknown sources."
    *install the .215 leak following instructions here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...classroom.html

    Root your og Razr or Razr Maxx:
    *Simple step by step instructions for rooting using Mattlgroff's utility (use the same utility that you used to go back to stock) can be found on post #89 here:
    Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
    *If you plan on installing roms, install safestrap instead of bootstrap.

    Safestrap:
    *Once safestrap is installed, follow the steps in quidot's thread to prepare safestrap's safe and non-safe side so you are ready for those roms... Safestrap Guide for RAZR
  3. Master Droid
    helron's Avatar
    Member #
    235878
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    TismyDroid....So many thanks for great response! Wish I had someone to walk me thru this live or give me a NO FEAR tonic! LOL I can take apart a PC and rebuild it but his gives me the shakes. The thought of bricking my phone is giving me nightmares.My family is considering pasting my fingers w crazy glue. At least u guys are supportive! Now, all I need is the courage!
  4. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by helron
    TismyDroid....So many thanks for great response! Wish I had someone to walk me thru this live or give me a NO FEAR tonic! LOL I can take apart a PC and rebuild it but his gives me the shakes. The thought of bricking my phone is giving me nightmares.My family is considering pasting my fingers w crazy glue. At least u guys are supportive! Now, all I need is the courage!
    No worries, I am here.... And Josh too! And I actually thought I almost bricked my phone (when I was getting rid of bootstrap to go to safestrap) but recovery was so easy, it almost was not right to be that easy. Feel free to ask any questions as you wade through it.

    And make sure you start with a fully charged phone. That just gives you room for error.
  5. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by helron

    Thanks, thanks, Josh! One more question for Root and Safestrap, and so sorry for so many questions....

    1.After I root, could I later Safestrap iafter rooting without having to reload any more software? Or it is safe strap included in MattyP package for the Root?

    2. once my phone is rooted will I face (later)problems should Motorola send out PUSH updates? That is my primary concern
    regarding to root or not to root. Thx!
    Matt's utility 1.82 (by the way it's not named for mattyp. He only wishes.) Has 4 functions. 1. Is fastboot restore which you won't use at this point. 2. Is rooting. That will not add safestrap, it will root and give you super user. The other two steps I don't remember what order are adding voodoo root keeper, and safe strap. I would just go ahead and do both. Safestrap wont install the custom recovery until you open the app and install. But even though you won't be installing a Rom right away. The custom recovery will allow you to do a nandroid backup do you'll have that in case you screw something up

    Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
  6. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Well never mind .......... a lot can be done while I'm writing a post

    Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
  7. Master Droid
    helron's Avatar
    Member #
    235878
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    Matt's utility 1.82 (by the way it's not named for mattyp. He only wishes.) Has 4 functions. 1. Is fastboot restore which you won't use at this point. 2. Is rooting. That will not add safestrap, it will root and give you super user. The other two steps I don't remember what order are adding voodoo root keeper, and safe strap. I would just go ahead and do both. Safestrap wont install the custom recovery until you open the app and install. But even though you won't be installing a Rom right away. The custom recovery will allow you to do a nandroid backup do you'll have that in case you screw something up

    Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
    This just scared the heck out of me! Dhoul I install Voofo or not. I, getting overwhelmed. LOL
  8. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by helron

    This just scared the heck out of me! Dhoul I install Voofo or not. I, getting overwhelmed. LOL
    No, I didn't mean you'll screw something up during root. I meant down the road. You'll be fine. Voodoo allows you to temporally unroot to receive ota updates

    Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
  9. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by helron

    This just scared the heck out of me! Dhoul I install Voofo or not. I, getting overwhelmed. LOL
    Lol! You'll be okay. But it's healthy to be a bit scared. Josh, myself and many others have followed these steps to root...very easy to follow, imo (because I'm a step by step person)...

    Follow steps in post #89

    Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
  10. Droid Ninja
    joshxdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    266952
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,065
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    It's ok and recommended to ask questions and be nervous. I asked questions in this thread for months before I decided to root. And the steps recommended by tis are very clear



    Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean
Page 132 of 157 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid 4 flashing leak to leak help.
    By Usuallyfaded in forum Droid 4 ROMS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM
  2. [FROYO ROM][LEAK] DL30 Leak & AOSP Lockscreen mod
    By TAPOUT27 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
  3. Rubix Focused 1.9.0 leak and non leak versions
    By theidoctor in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 10:39 PM

Search tags for this page

.215
,

.215 leak

,

.215 razr leak

,
215 leak
,

blur version.6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us

,

blur version.6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip

,
blur version.6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip download
,
mattyp 215 leak
,
mattyp's .215 leak
,
mattyp's .215 leak classroom
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+