DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 119 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1565
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Have you tried *228 on your Razr Maxx redskn. From what I've read, you can not use *228 on phones that use a sim card. I have also read that it can ruin your phone but I really can't understand how that would happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chapman_troy
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    No I used to do it every month on my Droid 2. I have not tried it on the Razr Maxx yet.
    Motorola Razr Maxx phone & Xoom tablet
    *filled with JellyBean goodies*
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid
    Have you tried *228 on your Razr Maxx redskn. From what I've read, you can not use *228 on phones that use a sim card. I have also read that it can ruin your phone but I really can't understand how that would happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    Yup. I also read that the *228 may fry a sim card. LTE phones activate themselves on power on. If you tried 228 and believe you have a prob go to Verizon for a free replacement card.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

You can't trust the Razr Maxx signal strength display

Quote Originally Posted by eek88dj View Post
    215 didnt help me at all. It gave me google chrome but still have a weak signal of two bars for data. The tower just less than one mile from the house. When i had the bionic i had full signal but not on razor maxx it don't make no sense. I tried everything possible from sim card and hard reset still weak signal. Bionic had all bars this Maxx don't. I still live in same place lol
    I too have a Razr Maxx and I live less than a mile from my cell tower, but in what Verizon now calls a "variable signal area" - which means we get crappy signal (often 1X) most of the time if we're lucky. Distance from the tower is only part of the signal strength equation. The .215 upgrade did not impact my signal strength at all.

When I got my Razr Maxx, it too showed less signal bars than my previous phone and I was concerned. By checking the signal strength values in settings, I discovered that the bars my Maxx showed did not agree with the signal strength numbers. I think it's a problem with at least some of the Razr Maxx's. (Check signal strength by going to system settings -> about phone -> status -> network type and strength.) As a workaround, I installed the Signal Notification app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.signalnotify), which can display the real signal strength as a numeric value in your status bar. That way I know the real signal strength, not just the inaccurate bars readout.

Also, Rootmetrics (RootMetrics | Measuring mobile performance for you, and with you) provides a great tool for collecting signal strength information and uses it to create a database that lets folks see the real signal data in areas where data has been collected. It shows clearly how often the carriers lie about coverage, but that's another conversation.

The problem may be your particular phone set getting worse reception, but it could just be its signal bars lying to you. Hopefully I have given you some tools to figure that out.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    From what a understand ICS sites less bars than gingerbread with the same signal. That definitely happened on mine when i got the update
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Also, what page am i on?

MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom-forumrunner_20120926_122302.png
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chapman_troy
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886 View Post
    Yup. I also read that the *228 may fry a sim card. LTE phones activate themselves on power on. If you tried 228 and believe you have a prob go to Verizon for a free replacement card.
    Thanks for correcting me, did not know that about 4G LTE.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chapman_troy
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by joshxdroid View Post
    Also, what page am i on?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20120926_122302.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	56355
    Page 119 of 119.

My signal strength says -96dBm...is that good?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    on a canal narrowboat somewhere in England
    Phone
    razr XT910
    I've edited this post because i don't think it within the spirit of this fine forum. I apologise for my lack of tact. I do feel that this thread has widened somewhat but maybe I'm just being jealous :^)

Whatever, i would appreciate some help on resolving the problem of not being able to instal the 215 update onto my phone ...... Cheers!
    Last edited by pelicanbill; 09-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by connexus View Post
    I too have a Razr Maxx and I live less than a mile from my cell tower, but in what Verizon now calls a "variable signal area" - which means we get crappy signal (often 1X) most of the time if we're lucky. Distance from the tower is only part of the signal strength equation. The .215 upgrade did not impact my signal strength at all.

When I got my Razr Maxx, it too showed less signal bars than my previous phone and I was concerned. By checking the signal strength values in settings, I discovered that the bars my Maxx showed did not agree with the signal strength numbers. I think it's a problem with at least some of the Razr Maxx's. (Check signal strength by going to system settings -> about phone -> status -> network type and strength.) As a workaround, I installed the Signal Notification app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.signalnotify), which can display the real signal strength as a numeric value in your status bar. That way I know the real signal strength, not just the inaccurate bars readout.

Also, Rootmetrics (RootMetrics | Measuring mobile performance for you, and with you) provides a great tool for collecting signal strength information and uses it to create a database that lets folks see the real signal data in areas where data has been collected. It shows clearly how often the carriers lie about coverage, but that's another conversation.

The problem may be your particular phone set getting worse reception, but it could just be its signal bars lying to you. Hopefully I have given you some tools to figure that out.
    I ordered a replacement yesterday. Im sick of it. I try your signal mines rt-115dbm..like i said i had the bionic had full data signal since i went to the Maxx it sucks bad!!! There no trees blocking my signal or hills. I live in town. I live in town. We have great signal here.
    Last edited by eek88dj; 09-26-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: i messed up lol
Page 119 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast

Links