DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC will not recognize rooted Droid Razr after OTA 6.12.181 update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

PC will not recognize rooted Droid Razr after OTA 6.12.181 update

Hello, I rooted back in March before the OTA update for android 2.3.6, then did the OTA update a few weeks later, and since then my RAZR can't connect to my PC. Not only does the computer say that an unknown device is connected and failed to install properly, but the RAZR won't even give me the option to choose how to connect in the drop down menu on the phone. It does charge, but it seems something is wrong with the phone settings.
    Also, I believe the OTA update removed root, because I can't do superuser type stuff. The PC and USB cable Iím using work for my dad's non-rooted RAZR, so I think it something with my phone specifically. How can I get it unrooted if I can't connect it to a computer? I've also tried debugging mode, and searched here and google for the past 2 hours. Thanks!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    I'm having the exact same problem plus battery is discharging rapidly and phone freezes. I believe something has to be running that is hogging memory to lock mine up and discharge the battery rapidly. And no PC with any usb cable (factory or otherwise) will connect for anything but charging. My OEM navigation mount worked/was recognized by the phone 1 time for about 20 mins, otherwise that usb connection fails too. Also same thing as you with no drop down menu.

I hope someone can help soon.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

factory reset?

Well, nobody seems to be helping with this, so I guess I am just going to have to do a factory reset and hope it fixes it. Then I'll update to ICS and root it later. 12thMan90, here's instructions for how to do a factory reset when the phone is not connecting via USB: How to Do Factory Reset and Get Into Fastboot Menus on Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

Hope this helps. I'm not totally sure if it will work, or even if it will make matter's worse, but it seems like it should be fine to me.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    You can also restore the phone by going to settings -> privacy -> factory data reset.

I believe this is the better way to do it when you still have access to the phone.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

factory reset did not help

the factory reset did not help; the phone still will not communicate with the computer. The computer says "usb device not recognized" when plugged in, and the phone does nothing except charge; i.e. it does not offer a drop-down menu for choosing mass storage or charge only mode.

can anyone help?
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I am having the same problem with my maxx. I have done everything you have done with no luck. I hope someone can help.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    same issue here. Rooted phone, disabled root for OTA ics upgrade, applied OTA ics upgrade, and now computers will not recognize my phone, it only charges. Bummed. suggestions are appreciated.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fixed, problem was the USB cable -- needed to use the included MOtorola USB micro cable instead of a generic micro USB
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #

Cable and Connection

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel2517 View Post
    Fixed, problem was the USB cable -- needed to use the included MOtorola USB micro cable instead of a generic micro USB

Definitely a combination of either the cable OR what USB connection you use. I rooted and plugged into a usb splitter (splits one usb into many) and my Mac wouldn't recognize the device. Plugged it into the Mac itself and it came right up.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR XT910

Guys the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan90 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem plus battery is discharging rapidly and phone freezes. I believe something has to be running that is hogging memory to lock mine up and discharge the battery rapidly. And no PC with any usb cable (factory or otherwise) will connect for anything but charging. My OEM navigation mount worked/was recognized by the phone 1 time for about 20 mins, otherwise that usb connection fails too. Also same thing as you with no drop down menu.

I hope someone can help soon.
    12thman90 I have exactly the same problem .. did u find the solution?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links