DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Car player won't play music on new Droid Razr Maxx 32gb

  1. Junior Droid
    jzucker's Avatar
    Member #
    270365
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    razr maxx 32gb
    #1

    Car player won't play music on new Droid Razr Maxx 32gb

    Car stereo has usb port and works fine with iphone, droid 2 and even a thumbdrive but when I plug my new droid razr maxx in it says "No Audio". Looking through threads it appears that the only way folks can play music in their car is to use the aux input of their stereo. Can this be right? If it is, i'll have to return the phone as it's a deal-breaker for me.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #2
    What USB modes have you tried it in?

    Mass storage mode should work like a flash drive.

  4. Junior Droid
    jzucker's Avatar
    Member #
    270365
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    razr maxx 32gb
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
    What USB modes have you tried it in?

    Mass storage mode should work like a flash drive.

    it's already in mass storage mode. The problem is that the car audio will only look at the boot drive and my music is on the external card. I wonder if I can create a symbolic link to the external drive and will the car audio logic recursively look through that?
  5. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #4
    Are you still on GB or ICS?

    IIRC PC mode on GB is the same as media mode on ICS, which makes the phone show up as 1 device. On the a PC if you open it you'll still have the 2 SD cards to choose from, but maybe the car will see things differently.

    If none of the built in modes will get the car to see the external card a symbolic link should work. Something like tasked might be able to do something to help, I'll take a look when I get a chance(today will be busy for me though).

  6. Junior Droid
    jzucker's Avatar
    Member #
    270365
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    razr maxx 32gb
    #5
    I'm on ICS. I can't even find the USB modes on ICS. It's not under the "more" under wireless and networks. I did try a symbolic link but the car player doesn't follow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
    Are you still on GB or ICS?

    IIRC PC mode on GB is the same as media mode on ICS, which makes the phone show up as 1 device. On the a PC if you open it you'll still have the 2 SD cards to choose from, but maybe the car will see things differently.

    If none of the built in modes will get the car to see the external card a symbolic link should work. Something like tasked might be able to do something to help, I'll take a look when I get a chance(today will be busy for me though).

  7. Droid Newbie
    ntg2012's Avatar
    Member #
    270506
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid razr
    #6
    I had the same problem as op. I copied my files from the sd card to the phones hd and it recognized it fine when plugging into my cars usb. It must have something to do with the recognition of the drives or in what order it chooses them.

    EDIT: The only difference is I have the vanilla droid.
    Last edited by ntg2012; 07-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    jzucker's Avatar
    Member #
    270365
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    razr maxx 32gb
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ntg2012 View Post
    I had the same problem as op. I copied my files from the sd card to the phones hd and it recognized it fine when plugging into my cars usb. It must have something to do with the recognition of the drives or in what order it chooses them.

    EDIT: The only difference is I have the vanilla droid.
    tried a symbolic link and it didn't work. I also tried the same test on another car stereo system with a USB interface. Evidently it's very common for the car audio players to only search the default, boot drive for media and not give you a choice about what drives to search. I definitely don't want to hook up my phone to my stereo with an 1/8th inch stereo jack and I'm not going to buy a new car stereo that supports blue tooth.
  9. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #8
    You can change the USB modes from the notification area after connecting the cable to the phone.

    I think what might work so these cars only see the external SD card is to put USB into media or camera mode & use tasker to unmount external SD card.

    If you don't have tasker & don't think you'd need for anything else but don't want to buy it just yet. You can get a free trial via direct push from the tasker web site.

  10. Junior Droid
    jzucker's Avatar
    Member #
    270365
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    razr maxx 32gb
    #9

    update

    car audio player cannot see the device when usb is in camera or media mode.
  11. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    car audio player cannot see the device when usb is in camera or media mode.
    Did you try to unmount the external SD card while in these modes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Razr Maxx Won't Multi-Task Music Player
    By aalb1 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
  2. Please help! RAZR Maxx won't play videos
    By irishbuddha25 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
  3. ROM toolbox play well with Razr Maxx?
    By DrifterX in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 08:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 4 music won't play when connected to auxiliary
,
droid maxx phone port play through usb in car
,
droid razr maxx play music through usb
,
how play my music threw an usb cord on a droid razor max
,
how to get droid razr to work on car radio
,

how to play music from droid razr to car

,
play music through usb droid maxx
,

play music through usb razr

,
play music through your usb port on a droid razr maxx
,
razr maxx music through usb
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+