DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Unfortunately, My Gallery has stopped working ??

  1. Droid Newbie
    lindsaylubick's Avatar
    Member #
    269778
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #1

    Unfortunately, My Gallery has stopped working ??

    okay, so I just updated to the new ICS system this morning, and now my gallery won't open. I have downloaded Quick Pic and I deleted some pictures and other random pictures hoping that would work. I have read that doing that might help, but it still force closes. I'm not sure what to do from here. I know that a lot of users like Quick Pic, but I think that my gallery was easier, is there anything that would help? Please & thank you !
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #2
    What status was your phone in prior to ICS? IE Rooted, Rom'd, bloatware frozen and or deleted?

    Sounds like a factory data reset is going to be in your near future, unless you already did that.
  4. Droid
    Cripton805's Avatar
    Member #
    257231
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    59
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #3
    Im a pretty sure its due to a corrupted file. Move all your pics and videos from the phone to your SD card. Remove your SD card and tirn off then back on your phone. Then check the gallery again while its empty (because your SD is out). If it works, then one of your files is corrupt or damaged.

    good luck
  5. Droid Newbie
    lindsaylubick's Avatar
    Member #
    269778
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    What status was your phone in prior to ICS? IE Rooted, Rom'd, bloatware frozen and or deleted?

    Sounds like a factory data reset is going to be in your near future, unless you already did that.
    It is factory, I haven't rooted it, if that's what you're asking.
  6. Droid Newbie
    lindsaylubick's Avatar
    Member #
    269778
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripton805 View Post
    Im a pretty sure its due to a corrupted file. Move all your pics and videos from the phone to your SD card. Remove your SD card and tirn off then back on your phone. Then check the gallery again while its empty (because your SD is out). If it works, then one of your files is corrupt or damaged.

    good luck
    I moved everything to my SD card, and the gallery still isn't working. I asked one of my tech savvy friends & he said that they are working on another update to fix this.
  7. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,938
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #6
    Try going into settings, apps, all, find the gallery app. Clear data and force close the app, now do a soft boot. (Press the volume down and hold, then press the power button and hold)

    Yes folks this is different than gb, this is so you don't get a screenshot that's corrupt when you do this

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  8. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,938
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #7
    If that doesn't work.. then do a factory data reset. That will probably clear the glitch up. I had an issue where my screen lock wasn't working... I tried resetting it.. still nothing, fdr and its all gravy.

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  9. Droid Newbie
    lindsaylubick's Avatar
    Member #
    269778
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Try going into settings, apps, all, find the gallery app. Clear data and force close the app, now do a soft boot. (Press the volume down and hold, then press the power button and hold)

    Yes folks this is different than gb, this is so you don't get a screenshot that's corrupt when you do this

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    This worked, thank you so much for your help!

    EDIT: It worked, and I rebooted. Then I went to change my view into albums and then it force closed again. Then, I cleared the data again and it worked when i switched into folders, but it still won't work for albums?
    Last edited by lindsaylubick; 06-29-2012 at 10:53 AM.
  10. Droid Newbie
    neverous's Avatar
    Member #
    270141
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsaylubick View Post
    This worked, thank you so much for your help!

    EDIT: It worked, and I rebooted. Then I went to change my view into albums and then it force closed again. Then, I cleared the data again and it worked when i switched into folders, but it still won't work for albums?
    I actually had this same problem today and tried the same solution. It worked exactly the same way for me. My gallery is fine as long as I don't use the albums view. Is there an update that is coming that will fix this? And I hate factory resets but I will do it if that will solve the problem permanently, but once I've done it is there any kind of garantee that I won't have to reset again and again and that the issue won't randomly pop up again? Thanks for the help in advance.
  11. Junior Droid
    radon's Avatar
    Member #
    240095
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #10
    I have this problem since the ICS update too. I'm not using any other imaging apps, and My Gallery worked perfectly before the update. I hope a patch is in the works... not having access to My Library is really irking me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. App stopped working...
    By cadre.9 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
  2. GPS stopped working. Help.
    By nyvet48tfw in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
  3. GPS stopped working
    By navigator in forum Droid Stock Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 09:22 AM
  4. LED stopped working?
    By UGAChicago in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
  5. LED's stopped working
    By pigpenz in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr gallery not working
,

droid razr my gallery not working

,
gallery has stopped working android
,
my gallery android
,
my gallery android not working
,
my gallery app stopped working
,
my gallery has stopped
,

unfortunately gallery has stopped

,
unfortunately gallery has stopped working
,

unfortunately my gallery has stopped

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+