DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recently Unrooted RAZR can't update

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912

Question Recently Unrooted RAZR can't update

Recently UN-rooted my Droid RAZR in order to try and get the OTA update to go through and fix the bugs. However i get this error now when i try to update it:

qe 1/1
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Verifying current system...
    assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SystemUI.apk", "6be81dae12370256dfc6e73a7949b75c62d36bd4", "ecfd347865acbc920e1f0f9ab615e193b536c716")
    E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

1. What can i do to fix this and get the update to work?
    2. Will flashing the complete Android operating system to the phone fix this too? (If so, does anyone have a copy of the OS? and How do i go about doing this? I do currently have RSDLite installed on my Windows 7 PC.)
    Any help with this would be much appreciated. It's been very frustrating lately.

Better yet, instead of flashing it back to completely stock so i can OTA update it....Would it work to just use that utility and update to .181 that way? I'm currently on 6.11.744.XT912. But because i changed some stuff and i'm not sure what all i changed i was gonna try to flash another copy of .744 to hopefully erase any changes and allow me to update my phone to the newest version possible. I just wanna hurry and get this over with... lol Been fighting with it for too long. If 6.12.181's the newest version and it'll work then i'll just do that instead of all that other work. lol work smarter, not harder right? haha

Last edited by XxSinisteRxX; 06-30-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Suggested by rck76
    XxSinisteRxX

Motorola Droid1 - Rooted/BB GPA16/SV 800Mhz Kernel
    Motorola Droid RAZR - Rooted - Stock as of yet ;}
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Did you freeze any bloatware before unrooting? Looks like there's something wrong with the systemui.apk. I don't have a RAZR but I would take a look at this DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files] thread if all else fails. Sorry, I couldn't help you more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rck76; 06-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by rck76 View Post
    Did you freeze any bloatware before unrooting? Looks like there's something wrong with the systemui.apk. I don't have a RAZR but I would take a look at this DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files] thread if all else fails. Sorry, I couldn't help you more.

I froze a few apps when it was rooted, but i've since unrooted and did a complete factory data reset... Didn't think that would have any relevance after this was done. But then again, my icon's are still the custom one's so apparently it doesn't completely reset Everything... Which sucks. lol
    XxSinisteRxX

4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Just bumping this thread. Could someone that has a RAZR help out please. Thanks

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    This appears to be the US Verizon RAZR, so using the Droid RAZR Utility 1.6, and flashing to .181 will put you back on the upgrade path. You'll fund the utility as a stickie in our RAZR Hacks section, or search for 1.6.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    There was an update issue, moto seems to think they have it fixed. Try the update again.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Something went wrong with my phone. Its now stuck and cannot get into any recovery. M logo loads for about 1 second and then goes to bootloader and says Boot failure. Tried getting into recovery via bootloader and got the same error. Tried going back into fastboot and flashing the stock 6.11.744.XT912 and it fails at 6/18... Can't get into recovery to Restore from my backup i made in safestrap... Any ideas?
    XxSinisteRxX

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by XxSinisteRxX View Post
    Something went wrong with my phone. Its now stuck and cannot get into any recovery. M logo loads for about 1 second and then goes to bootloader and says Boot failure. Tried getting into recovery via bootloader and got the same error. Tried going back into fastboot and flashing the stock 6.11.744.XT912 and it fails at 6/18... Can't get into recovery to Restore from my backup i made in safestrap... Any ideas?
    Go get the utility 1.6 and get into fast boot mode and then ap fasboot. Plug up and make sure the drivers installed flash or hit option one in the utility. It will wipe you down to bone stock 181 with all the files needed for the update to 211

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Go get the utility 1.6 and get into fast boot mode and then ap fasboot. Plug up and make sure the drivers installed flash or hit option one in the utility. It will wipe you down to bone stock 181 with all the files needed for the update to 211

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    That's what i tried also. But i still get boot failure. And i have no way of getting into recovery to wipe data and cache. Any other idea's?
    XxSinisteRxX

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    Just bumping this up.

Update: i've gotten it to enter recovery. But when i don't have the option to restore my original backup from this one. If i reboot the phone in hopes of it loading the OS properly it will go through the M logo boot but then the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive with no boot animation. Pictures of the errors i'm getting from the RAZR Utility 1.6 follow:

Recently Unrooted RAZR can't update-reflashingerror.pngRecently Unrooted RAZR can't update-reflashingerror2.png

Recently tried flashing my phone back to 6.11.744 using rsd lite and ap fastboot but i get this:
    "Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.;phone connected"
    Last edited by XxSinisteRxX; 07-01-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Update on progress with issue.
    XxSinisteRxX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links