DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: low on volume space???

  1. penut_gallery's Avatar
    Member #
    240068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #1

    low on volume space???

    Ive tried a lot of stuff. Almost everything goes on the SD card. What could be causing this? How can i fix it? Thank u

    low on volume space???-forumrunner_20120628_221521.png
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    wdprice3's Avatar
    Member #
    114115
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #2
    Have you checked the storage volumes? Post the internal storage values (total, available application, available media)

    Settings -> Storage
    Droid Razr Maxx
  4. penut_gallery's Avatar
    Member #
    240068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wdprice3
    Have you checked the storage volumes? Post the internal storage values (total, available application, available media)

    Settings -> Storage
    Thank u for ur help


    low on volume space???-forumrunner_20120705_105643.png
  5. Super Moderator
    94lt1's Avatar
    Member #
    247267
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    10,943
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    #4
    So you're still running gb??? Have you tried to pull ics yet? Or are you intentionally staying off of ics? Or am I seeing things?

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  6. Senior Droid
    wdprice3's Avatar
    Member #
    114115
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #5
    ^My first question now. Why no ICS? Assuming this isn't an actual storage issue, my first advice would be to update and possibly do a factory data reset.

    This could be a hardware issue, but I doubt.

    I believe you likely just have a lot of apps, data, and files on the internal memory. Use file explorer, or connect your device to your computer and use your computer's file explorer to check this. Ensure pictures are not being stored on internal memory, music, downloads, etc.

    Even your SD card has almost 20 GB on it. Do you have that much on there, e.g. LOTS of pictures, music, documents???? I don't claim to know how everyone uses their device, but even with hundreds of pictures and thousands of songs, I'm not using half of that.
    Last edited by wdprice3; 07-05-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Droid Razr Maxx
  7. penut_gallery's Avatar
    Member #
    240068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    So you're still running gb??? Have you tried to pull ics yet? Or are you intentionally staying off of ics? Or am I seeing things?

    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    i am still running gb. havent had a chance to pull ics as i will require droidforums help with that project aswell. this is my very first smart phone and after rooting its giving me lots of problems, so i just dont mess with it much.
  8. penut_gallery's Avatar
    Member #
    240068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wdprice3 View Post
    ^My first question now. Why no ICS? Assuming this isn't an actual storage issue, my first advice would be to update and possibly do a factory data reset.

    This could be a hardware issue, but I doubt.

    I believe you likely just have a lot of apps, data, and files on the internal memory. Use file explorer, or connect your device to your computer and use your computer's file explorer to check this. Ensure pictures are not being stored on internal memory, music, downloads, etc.

    Even your SD card has almost 20 GB on it. Do you have that much on there, e.g. LOTS of pictures, music, documents???? I don't claim to know how everyone uses their device, but even with hundreds of pictures and thousands of songs, I'm not using half of that.
    thank u sooo much for ur help
    will do that tonight and see what happens
    but in all honesty i dont have many pics on my phone and only about 4,000 songs and i uninstalled most unused apps trying to fix the initial problem....
  9. Senior Droid
    rotordroid's Avatar
    Member #
    32019
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    236
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #8
    Using your file explorer see how much free space you have in /data or /data/app (assuming you are rooted), it is different than Internal Storage and the space is limited to 3GB I think.
    Droid Razr Maxx - rooted 214
    OG Droid - Desk Clock now
    Developer of Coordinate Converter application
  10. penut_gallery's Avatar
    Member #
    240068
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rotordroid
    Using your file explorer see how much free space you have in /data or /data/app (assuming you are rooted), it is different than Internal Storage and the space is limited to 3GB I think.
    Is this it?


    low on volume space???-forumrunner_20120705_130018.png
  11. Master Droid
    bruben7886's Avatar
    Member #
    239612
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    386
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    4000 songs is a lot of space. Consider putting them on your external sd card instead of the internal storage. Or use google play music to save them to "the cloud" (or whatever it's called, I don't use that).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
  2. Phone says 'Low on Space' and won't sync gmail, but it's not low of space...
    By love2board in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
  3. Phone memory: Low on space...but not actually low on space
    By karrottop in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
  4. Notification says "low on volume space" what does this mean?
    By bleedblue27 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM
  5. Widget for battery status, sd card space, internal space?
    By mrdorunjr in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Search tags for this page

android low on volume space
,

droid razr low on volume space

,

low on volume space

,

low on volume space android

,

low on volume space droid razr

,
low on volume space droid razr maxx
,

low on volume space razr

,
low volume space
,
razr low on volume space
,
volume space
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+