DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid RAZR Touchscreen Going Crazy While Charging FIX (sort of)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    @scorun2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR M in White
    Looks like I'll be hitting up eBay pretty soon to buy a replacement charger. The charger that originally came with my D2G was not the usb wall adapter, the cable was permanently fixed to the wall adapter. Unfortunately, it died so Verizon replaced it with their piece of junk. Once I get my replacement wall adapter, I will let you all know if it's the Verizon wall adapter causing my problem.
    My Google-Enabled Devices

Motorola Droid RAZR M in White - current phone
    Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
    Samsung Chromebook Series 3
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Yeah that sucks that it wasn't the USB wall adapter and it was 1 if the older models. But what sucks more is the fact that u can't even buy the genuine charger that came with the phone in the first place and we r forced to buy their branded crap that doesn't even work with their own phones that they sell.

Hope u get something that works 4 ya!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    @scorun2
    Phone
    Hopefully eBay can pull through for me. Lol

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself

Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Verizon droid razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiekeyton View Post
    As stated a few days ago by me...use a new charger as that one probably has a shortage or to high amperage or to low amperage.

"Warning: You cant shave with your RAZR. I tried!!"
    well... i use the charger the stock moto charger... the only problem i have is getting past the screen lock after that its all good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenC
    I'm not sure if I'm the only person this happens to or not, but whenever I charge my Droid RAZR or even my old Droid 2 Global, I absolutely cannot use the touch screen. It would start typing on its own, sending unfinished messages, calling people, etc. I've tried my aftermarket "Verizon" branded charger, my original Motorola charger, and even different sized cables, but nothing seems to help.

Here's the "fix" I found. The other day, I had my RAZR charging and wanted to listen to a song through my band's PA system. I plugged the phone into the system (consisting of a 1400 watt amplifier and two 215s), and what do you know, the touch screen immediately stops acting up. Since then, I've tried connecting my skull candy ear buds while charging the phone to see if they do the trick, but they do not; however, my powered computer speakers work just as well as the PA system.

I'm wondering if anyone else has looked into this issue, or has even had this problem? My findings seem to point towards the "glitch" being a grounding issue inside the phone.
    I had the same problem, I'd plug my phone into a blackberry charger and plug in my hdmi to stream Netflix, and no touch screen, but, it doesn't happen every time, so i started using the original charger and no problems

point of origin
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    @scorun2
    Phone
    Well, I got my OEM Motorola charger and cable in today. I plugged my 9 foot verizon cable into the Moto wall adapter and guess what! No more problems!!!! I guess these phones just don't like aftermarket chargers.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    This happens to me whenever I charge my phone. I use a Just Wireless charger at work and an Amazon Kindle charger at home, and it happens with both. I haven't tried my OEM charger yet, but I will now after reading this. I'm using a Droid RAZR (not MAXX).

It started when I updated to Android 4.0.4 last week. I had 3 something before that and it never happened. It's worst in things like text messages. I'll be typing something and it will think I selected one of the predicted words. Then it will send it with some random predicted words.

I'd try with the OEM charger. Anyone else figure anything out? I can't help but think it's somehow related to software, since it only started with the 4.0.4 update.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    @scorun2
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TCama
    This happens to me whenever I charge my phone. I use a Just Wireless charger at work and an Amazon Kindle charger at home, and it happens with both. I haven't tried my OEM charger yet, but I will now after reading this. I'm using a Droid RAZR (not MAXX).

It started when I updated to Android 4.0.4 last week. I had 3 something before that and it never happened. It's worst in things like text messages. I'll be typing something and it will think I selected one of the predicted words. Then it will send it with some random predicted words.

I'd try with the OEM charger. Anyone else figure anything out? I can't help but think it's somehow related to software, since it only started with the 4.0.4 update.
    Mine was doing it before the update. Heck, my Droid 2 Global did it. I had been using a Verizon Wireless wall adapter. Now since I got another OEM Motorola wall adapter, it has stopped.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I have noticed that my touch screen is screwy when I'm charging it too. I use swype and the trace will be all jagged and nowhere near what I actually was trying to type. Very frustrating. This occurs with the original charger (for home use) and an aftermarket charger(for work/boyfriend's house).
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I have several chargers ( I know, don't ask...) and they all do it. I have 2 of the 9' chargers, the one that came with the phone, and a generic one. They all do it and it is CRAZY frustrating! There are rare times it doesn't happen, but its rare. I have tried recently to take notice to see what the common factor is - Motorola vs. generic, short vs. long, wall vs. USB, other things plugged into same outlet or power strip or not, etc. The only thing that seems to make it worse is having a very low battery. The times you REALLY need it to be plugged in, it's worse. But that isn't a very scientific study, just a casual observation. My friend has the same issue with his Razr. Wish someone would fix this - it's like the phone is possessed by demons when it's plugged in.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links