DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recovering Files from RAZR with 100% broken screen

  1. Junior Droid
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Member #
    53644
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #11

    Cool

    Thanks for the all the help guys, I really really appreciate it.

    I definitely want to be careful with the reset, because I'm after photos that are stored on the internal memory card that have significant sentimental value and I'd really hate for them to get wiped away. So, thanks for taking the time to work out a solution and testing everything!
  2. Droid Ninja
    syndicate0017's Avatar
    Member #
    166960
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    #12
    If the reset is scaring you off, another option might be to get a card reader and a full-size SD adapter (insert your micro SD into it).

    Edit: Of course this is assuming your files aren't on internal storage.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  3. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    If the reset is scaring you off, another option might be to get a card reader and a full-size SD adapter (insert your micro SD into it).

    Edit: Of course this is assuming your files aren't on internal storage.
    Right, that was my assumption. I was working to recover the items on the internal SD card. This is what I read or interpreted from the OP.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FoxKat; 05-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #14
    Have you ever used web top or mirror mode over HDMI? If you have one set as default when HDMI is connected you can use another screen to see what your doing to transfer internal to external storage.

    You could also try setting your new phone assuming it's also another Razr next to the old one to see where to touch the screen to make the transfer.
    SallyC and FoxKat like this.
  5. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
    Have you ever used web top or mirror mode over HDMI? If you have one set as default when HDMI is connected you can use another screen to see what your doing to transfer internal to external storage.

    You could also try setting your new phone assuming it's also another Razr next to the old one to see where to touch the screen to make the transfer.
    Now those are some great ideas! Welcome to my team!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Junior Droid
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Member #
    53644
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
    Have you ever used web top or mirror mode over HDMI? If you have one set as default when HDMI is connected you can use another screen to see what your doing to transfer internal to external storage.

    You could also try setting your new phone assuming it's also another Razr next to the old one to see where to touch the screen to make the transfer.
    This is, in fact, genius. Although the touch screen is unresponsive, so I can't make any changes. Still might have potential, I'm going to go try it now.

    Edit:

    This didn't work, sadly. I've never plugged that phone into the TV before, so my guess is that its stuck on the screen asking what HDMI option I want... Great suggestion though.
    Last edited by Benjamin; 05-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin

    This is, in fact, genius. Although the touch screen is unresponsive, so I can't make any changes. Still might have potential, I'm going to go try it now.
    I could have sworn you said the touch screen still work but I just read the post again. Well in that case you'd still have to option of using a webtop adapter, HD station dock or lapdock(well anything that will give the ability to use a mouse). If you don't have & think you want/need either the easiest thing is to find someone that does. You can also put together your own USB hub.
  8. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #18
    Did you ever try using a lapdock, webtop adapter or HD station dock, or did you just give up? I know that a lapdock would work since it automatically puts you into webtop mode, I think the webtop adapter would do the same but the HD station would likely require you to chose on the screen witch mode you want triggered (having a keyboard and mouse present might put it into webtop mode).

    I assume you don't have any of the above but I'm sure you could either find someone local to you or Verizon store that has a lapdock you could use to get to your files.
  9. Junior Droid
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Member #
    53644
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
    Did you ever try using a lapdock, webtop adapter or HD station dock, or did you just give up? I know that a lapdock would work since it automatically puts you into webtop mode, I think the webtop adapter would do the same but the HD station would likely require you to chose on the screen witch mode you want triggered (having a keyboard and mouse present might put it into webtop mode).

    I assume you don't have any of the above but I'm sure you could either find someone local to you or Verizon store that has a lapdock you could use to get to your files.
    I have not been able to as of yet. I do not personally have any of these accessories, and the store I usually go to doesn't either. I'm going to have to make a trip to a different Verizon store and see if they can assist me, unfortunately I won't be able to do so until next week. I will definitely update this thread should I make progress. :-)
  10. Senior Droid
    lovemyram4x4's Avatar
    Member #
    258263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #20
    If you happen to be in the San Diego area I'd be glad to let you use my lapdock to get your files.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Broken Razr Maxx Screen Repair Please Help!
    By Raided in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 06:25 AM
  2. Droid RAZR broken, cracked screen...Help
    By mxb15 in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 01:21 AM
  3. ASEC Files, Recovering Data
    By noobdroid in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 06:50 PM
  4. Phone works, screen broken, can I access files?
    By Biznatty in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM
  5. Recovering data files....help please
    By ralbertina in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM

Search tags for this page

access android with broken screen

,
cracked screen on droid razr
,

droid broken screen retrieve data

,

droid razr broken screen

,

droid razr cracked screen

,
droid razr data recovery
,
droid razr internal screen crack
,

droid razr screen crack

,
get pictures off broken motorola razr
,
how can i get information from a razr with a broken screen
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+