DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TisMyDroid
  • 1 Post By Sydman
  • 1 Post By TisMyDroid

Thread: Motorola Droid Razr wont power on

  1. Droid Newbie
    vladas1987's Avatar
    Member #
    261500
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Motorola droid razr XT912
    #1

    Motorola Droid Razr wont power on

    My Motorola Droid Razr wont power on.
    Motorola symbol come on then it goes to a no battery sign.
    What can I do or how I can repair it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid Razr wont power on-kgrhqvhjege916ezzigbpp-ezn7-w-60_58.jpg   Motorola Droid Razr wont power on-kgrhqjhjece-kklrpeubpp-e-d-yw-60_58.jpg  
    Last edited by vladas1987; 05-09-2012 at 01:49 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #2
    Borrowing from FoxKat's expertise, who is the Razr battery guru on this forum, you will need to charge your phone possibly for a whole entire day, using the charger that came with the phone. Do not try to turn your phone on during this charge. After a few hours, if you want to check the charging status then press the volume down for a second and you will get a battery icon showing percent of charge.

    What most likely happened is that the battery got so low that it is, 1) not being recognized by the phone, or 2) so low that it may be so dead that it will not accept a charge or will take a very long time to charge. The fact that it is trying to boot up and you get the initial logo is hopeful.

    Once it is charged to 100%, turn it on. Use your phone until it gets to 15%, then charge again with the phone off until it reaches 100%. After these two cycles of charges with the phone off you can use your phone as you normally would, your battery meter will be properly calibrated and you should be OK.

    In the future, do not let your battery get below 15%. If your battery does drop below 15% or dies (try to never let it die) do not try to power it on till you get it charged till at least 15%.

    FoxKat, please add anything or correct anything I have missed.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Sydman's Avatar
    Member #
    90551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,406
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    #3
    I see that is an HTC cable as well, do you have the one that came with your phone?
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Borrowing from FoxKat's expertise, who is the Razr battery guru on this forum, you will need to charge your phone possibly for a whole entire day, using the charger that came with the phone. Do not try to turn your phone on during this charge. After a few hours, if you want to check the charging status then press the volume down for a second and you will get a battery icon showing percent of charge.

    What most likely happened is that the battery got so low that it is, 1) not being recognized by the phone, or 2) so low that it may be so dead that it will not accept a charge or will take a very long time to charge. The fact that it is trying to boot up and you get the initial logo is hopeful.

    Once it is charged to 100%, turn it on. Use your phone until it gets to 15%, then charge again with the phone off until it reaches 100%. After these two cycles of charges with the phone off you can use your phone as you normally would, your battery meter will be properly calibrated and you should be OK.

    In the future, do not let your battery get below 15%. If your battery does drop below 15% or dies (try to never let it die) do not try to power it on till you get it charged till at least 15%.

    FoxKat, please add anything or correct anything I have missed.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    I think it's time for me to pass the torch, grasshopper! Well done.

    There are a couple other things he can try. WHILE PLUGGED IN, press and hold the POWER and DOWN VOLUME, until the power goes off, then release. It MAY start up again but this time go right to charging, rather than first analyzing the battery's health - which is what the ? is saying..."Is this battery any good?", or "Is this a Motorola battery or a knock-off". However, it may also try to boot normally. If it does, then see below.

    If that doesn't work, try this one... Do the same power off method as described above with the power cable attached, but this time AS SOON AS THE SCREEN GOES BLACK, release both buttons and then immediately afterwards press ALL THREE BUTTONS AT ONCE and HOLD THEM. The phone should boot to the Boot Mode Selection Menu screen (white text, black background). Now release all three buttons. Then VERY CAREFULLY, press ONLY the DOWN VOLUME button one click at at time until you reach "BP Only". (If you miss it, keep pressing DOWN and it will start back at the top of the list again, DO NOT PRESS UP until you are on "BP Only".) Once you are on "BP Only", then press UP VOLUME to select. It will take you to the RED Motorola Logo. Now remove the power cable, then tap the Power button briefly, and as soon as the screen goes Black, plug the power cable in again. It SHOULD boot to Charge Only mode but this time it may go right to the charge rather than the ? battery.

    I have used this method multiple times in testing and it works.

    You can also try these methods Droid 4f razr, and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post2066782.

    Oh, and as Sydman eluded to, USE THE MOTOROLA CABLE!!! I am sorry for shouting but it really does make a difference in many instances.

    Good luck!
    Last edited by FoxKat; 05-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat

    I think it's time for me to pass the torch, grasshopper! Well done.
    Wow, I am so happy! I am so proud of myself! You taught well master!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    FoxKat likes this.
  7. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Wow, I am so happy! I am so proud of myself! You taught well master!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    He funny!! ^^^ You laugh too?

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Droid Ninja
    Caesars's Avatar
    Member #
    251834
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    #7
    I dunno if Verizon corp stores have one, but when I worked at a sprint sales/repair center we had a battey machine that could SOMETIMES get the dead battey charged back up (to usable condition).
  9. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    I dunno if Verizon corp stores have one, but when I worked at a sprint sales/repair center we had a battey machine that could SOMETIMES get the dead battey charged back up (to usable condition).
    That was likely a CADEX battery analyzer/conditioner. I have one for the old NiCd/NiMH batteries. Unfortunately Verizon doesn't supply the stores with them and with the RAZRs, they wouldn't likely allow the technicians to service them anyway due to the batteries being semi-permanent. Thus the Factory Programming cable was born.


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  10. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat

    He funny!! ^^^ You laugh too?
    Me laugh, you funny! Grasshopper learning, lmao! Ahh, what an honor! Now Razr Ninja Master, all we need is an update/status from the op.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  11. Droid Newbie
    gandl2123's Avatar
    Member #
    280260
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10

    Want to sell it?

    Quote Originally Posted by vladas1987 View Post
    My Motorola Droid Razr wont power on.
    Motorola symbol come on then it goes to a no battery sign.
    What can I do or how I can repair it?

    Do you still have this phone? If so I would like to buy it for its screen/lcd. I have one that operates fine but LCD/Screen is broke. Tks

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  3. HELP!!! Droid screen wont power up!
    By rayswift in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 01:51 PM
  4. Power button not working on Motorola Droid
    By aliasneo07 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
  5. Droid wont even power up!!! Stuck in Ft Lauderdale
    By krus_2 in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr wont turn on

,

how to turn on a droid razr

,

how to turn on droid razr

,
how to turn on motorola droid razr
,

motorola droid razr wont turn on

,

motorola razr wont turn on

,
motorola razr xt912 wont turn on
,
motorola xt912 not turning on
,

motorola xt912 will not turn on

,

motorola xt912 wont turn on

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+