DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [Q] Bricked my phone! HELP PLEASE!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr

[Q] Bricked my phone! HELP PLEASE!

alright so i just bricked my phone. i've done a lot of research on how to bring it back and none of my attempts have worked.

i booted into the bootload selection menu and then go to AP fastboot but unfortunately my battery is too low to use the droidrazr utility tool.

so then i found this thread to get my battery to at least 50%:

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

however when i try to get the phone charged by selecting BP tools it just is stuck at the M logo splash forever (i've used plugging into the wall and the computer, both haven't worked)

i can get to the stock recovery but cannot get to the clockwork mod recovery.

is it possible to get to the stock recovery with a signed ROM and flash a ROM from there?

any help would be helpful!!! thanks

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by narrowpath View Post
    alright so i just bricked my phone. i've done a lot of research on how to bring it back and none of my attempts have worked.

i booted into the bootload selection menu and then go to AP fastboot but unfortunately my battery is too low to use the droidrazr utility tool.

so then i found this thread to get my battery to at least 50%:

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

however when i try to get the phone charged by selecting BP tools it just is stuck at the M logo splash forever (i've used plugging into the wall and the computer, both haven't worked)

i can get to the stock recovery but cannot get to the clockwork mod recovery.

is it possible to get to the stock recovery with a signed ROM and flash a ROM from there?

any help would be helpful!!! thanks
    I have used the method described there and the alternate mentioned in another thread - both essentially accomplishing the same thing. If you are unsuccessful, you can try fabricating your own How/why to make your own Motorola "Factory Cable". With that cable, you can bypass the charger circuitry that requires the Operating System and instead both charge and flash even without a battery.

You can also buy them online. I know TeamBlackHat had them (Factory style programming cable (for Motorola) ) but they're out of stock at the moment. If you google Droid RAZR Factory Programming Cable, you may find one.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    thanks for the reply. i know that you can buy them on ebay but i was trying to make one myself with this video

i haven't tried making it like in the thread you posted because it seems pretty complex
    Last edited by narrowpath; 05-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    unfortunately nothing has worked for me yet.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    i know when i had an EVO i was able to use a signed zip ROM and use the stock recovery to flash a new ROM. is their anything like that for the razr? because i can get to the stock recovery....seeing if i can take advantage of that.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by narrowpath View Post
    i know when i had an EVO i was able to use a signed zip ROM and use the stock recovery to flash a new ROM. is their anything like that for the razr? because i can get to the stock recovery....seeing if i can take advantage of that.
    There are no signed ROMs that can be direct flashed that I know of. The closest thing we have is the Fastboot files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Links