DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: XT910 Not Turning on

  1. Junior Droid
    Ohdude's Avatar
    Member #
    260086
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR XT910
    #1

    XT910 Not Turning on

    So, I bought my razr by January... and 'till friday it was working smoothly...
    I decided to install a Launcher ( I Don't know if that's the problem, but... ) , "Go Launcher" and then, I Locked my phone. It had about 40% of Charge. When I Needed to unlock it, it was just a black screen, I was ****ing crazy.
    So, I Left it charging by the PC, it lighted up a white LED on the corner, but it didn't seem to charge the phone. I tried the soft boot and the hard boot. Nothing Worked. And Now, It's been charging for about 18 Hours on the USB Wall Charger, but it's still not Working

    OBS : Can't ask for another phone, since I Didn't get it at Verizon, I Bought at Mobile City Online, but i'm not there anymore. I'm in Brazil.
    Last edited by Ohdude; 04-23-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Wrong store name
  2. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #2
    Are you charging it using your PC? That may not provide enough power. Try using the original Motorola cable and wall adapter provided and charge it using a wall outlet. Leave it charge for a few hours. The white light should no longer be on and you should be able to briefly touch the power button and (after a few seconds) a liquid battery display will show you the % charged.

    After at least a few hours of charging, try pressing the power button and volume down buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. This should force a reboot.
  3. Junior Droid
    Ohdude's Avatar
    Member #
    260086
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR XT910
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    Are you charging it using your PC? That may not provide enough power. Try using the original Motorola cable and wall adapter provided and charge it using a wall outlet. Leave it charge for a few hours. The white light should no longer be on and you should be able to briefly touch the power button and (after a few seconds) a liquid battery display will show you the % charged.

    After at least a few hours of charging, try pressing the power button and volume down buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. This should force a reboot.
    Okay, but the thing is : The white light only shows up when plugged in the computer. When it's plugged in by the USB Cable into the Motorola Wall Adapter, it's fully black, not a single led is lighten up. Not even the red one ....
  4. Droid Ninja
    SallyC's Avatar
    Member #
    238799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,212
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdude View Post
    Okay, but the thing is : The white light only shows up when plugged in the computer. When it's plugged in by the USB Cable into the Motorola Wall Adapter, it's fully black, not a single led is lighten up. Not even the red one ....
    It used to be (but only for some people, and only when the phone was turned off) that the LED light showed during charging. But that stopped for everyone about two OTAs ago.

    The white LED light may turn on when charging using a USB cable when the phone does not have enough power to turn on. Once the display have enough power to turn on, the white LED light will turn off. See Are there any instructions or information on how to properly use the charger with the DROID RAZR? for more info.
  5. Junior Droid
    Ohdude's Avatar
    Member #
    260086
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR XT910
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    It used to be (but only for some people, and only when the phone was turned off) that the LED light showed during charging. But that stopped for everyone about two OTAs ago.

    The white LED light may turn on when charging using a USB cable when the phone does not have enough power to turn on. Once the display have enough power to turn on, the white LED light will turn off. See Are there any instructions or information on how to properly use the charger with the DROID RAZR? for more info.
    Okay... It's been charging for about 12hours or more, I Tried to force the boot (Power+Volume Down) , (Power+Volume Up) ,(Power+Volume up and down), but none of them worked.... I'm getting pretty worried about it, I'm already considering on buying a Galaxy Nexus...
  6. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,589
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdude View Post
    Okay... It's been charging for about 12hours or more, I Tried to force the boot (Power+Volume Down) , (Power+Volume Up) ,(Power+Volume up and down), but none of them worked.... I'm getting pretty worried about it, I'm already considering on buying a Galaxy Nexus...
    Quick question... Do you have a Rapid Charge CAR Adapter? If so, take the phone to the car, insert the adapter into an accessory jack, start the car and plug the phone in. No matter whether the white light comes on or not, leave the phone on charge for at least 30 minutes in the car. The phone may actually wake on its own and boot into Charge only mode. If it does, that's a good sign. Allow it to charge for the 30 minutes minimum.

    The reasoning behind this is that the voltage and current outputs of the Rapid Charge Car Adapters have been successful in resolving unresponsive phones when even the wall adapter haven't.

    If that doesn't work, you may be best to try fashioning up a Factory Charge cable. This cable will actually start and program the phone even without a battery, and will ALSO charge the battery even when there's not enough power in the battery to trigger the normal charging process.

    XT910 Not Turning on-razr-factory-programming-charging-cable-schematic.jpg


    Good luck!

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Junior Droid
    Ohdude's Avatar
    Member #
    260086
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR XT910
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Quick question... Do you have a Rapid Charge CAR Adapter? If so, take the phone to the car, insert the adapter into an accessory jack, start the car and plug the phone in. No matter whether the white light comes on or not, leave the phone on charge for at least 30 minutes in the car. The phone may actually wake on its own and boot into Charge only mode. If it does, that's a good sign. Allow it to charge for the 30 minutes minimum.

    The reasoning behind this is that the voltage and current outputs of the Rapid Charge Car Adapters have been successful in resolving unresponsive phones when even the wall adapter haven't.

    If that doesn't work, you may be best to try fashioning up a Factory Charge cable. This cable will actually start and program the phone even without a battery, and will ALSO charge the battery even when there's not enough power in the battery to trigger the normal charging process.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAZR Factory Programming (Charging) Cable Schematic.jpg 
Views:	4881 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	49462


    Good luck!
    Thanks... I Don't have a car charger, neither a Factory Cable...
    I Have the regular one , that comes with RAZR, but it's not working.
    Where to get or how to make a Factory Charge Cable?
  8. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,589
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdude View Post
    Thanks... I Don't have a car charger, neither a Factory Cable...
    I Have the regular one , that comes with RAZR, but it's not working.
    Where to get or how to make a Factory Charge Cable?
    There are some places to purchase the Factory charge cable, and the prices range from about $25 to about $40 depending on which direction you face. Making one is not TOO difficult if you are technically inclined (have done any types of repairs or maintenance on appliances, your car, etc.). It's just a matter of making a bridge between pins 1 and 4 of the 5 pin connector. This can be done in some cases by fusing the wires together just above the connector IF the cable has 5 wires. Most don't. If it only has 4 wires, then there are 2 ways to accomplish this.

    1) You hack away at the plastic just behind where the plug ends on the cable, until the pins where the wires are attached are exposed. Then take a very fine piece of wire, a fine-point soldering iron and a steady hand (a magnifier is helpful), and solder a tiny jumper wire between the pin 1 (power), and the pin 4 (empty).

    2) You purchase an adapter that takes a normal USB cable and reduces it to a MicroUSB (this would be a USB-A Female to MicroUSB Male), or purchase a full USB-A Male to MicroUSB Male cable that you don't mind hacking up and then follow the steps above.

    Of course, you can purchase one already formed for you and wait for it to arrive in the mail.

    I know that TeamBlackHat has one, search "team black hat razr factory cable" on Google for the first link to it. They sell it for $25. Since it's an outside vender, I don't think I can post a direct link but you'll find it with the search term above.

    There is ONE OTHER somewhat dangerous and warranty voiding way to do this, by physically prying off the back of the phone, removing the red rubber contact protector from the actual battery terminals and jumpering 5VDC directly to the battery terminals. The risks are substantial in that if left connected to long it could overcharge the battery and result in a volatile battery failure, explosion, fire, toxic gasses, etc. I don't recommend it...period.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Junior Droid
    Ohdude's Avatar
    Member #
    260086
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR XT910
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    There are some places to purchase the Factory charge cable, and the prices range from about $25 to about $40 depending on which direction you face. Making one is not TOO difficult if you are technically inclined (have done any types of repairs or maintenance on appliances, your car, etc.). It's just a matter of making a bridge between pins 1 and 4 of the 5 pin connector. This can be done in some cases by fusing the wires together just above the connector IF the cable has 5 wires. Most don't. If it only has 4 wires, then there are 2 ways to accomplish this.

    1) You hack away at the plastic just behind where the plug ends on the cable, until the pins where the wires are attached are exposed. Then take a very fine piece of wire, a fine-point soldering iron and a steady hand (a magnifier is helpful), and solder a tiny jumper wire between the pin 1 (power), and the pin 4 (empty).

    2) You purchase an adapter that takes a normal USB cable and reduces it to a MicroUSB (this would be a USB-A Female to MicroUSB Male), or purchase a full USB-A Male to MicroUSB Male cable that you don't mind hacking up and then follow the steps above.

    Of course, you can purchase one already formed for you and wait for it to arrive in the mail.

    I know that TeamBlackHat has one, search "team black hat razr factory cable" on Google for the first link to it. They sell it for $25. Since it's an outside vender, I don't think I can post a direct link but you'll find it with the search term above.

    There is ONE OTHER somewhat dangerous and warranty voiding way to do this, by physically prying off the back of the phone, removing the red rubber contact protector from the actual battery terminals and jumpering 5VDC directly to the battery terminals. The risks are substantial in that if left connected to long it could overcharge the battery and result in a volatile battery failure, explosion, fire, toxic gasses, etc. I don't recommend it...period.
    Woopsie.
    I Might have opened the Razr before you wrote that. Now I'm trying to remove the battery, without breaking the battery contacts, or else my phone will never turn on again. Dammit.
    The problem with the Factory cable is that I'll have to pay 25$ + Shipping to Brazil.... That might go to 70$. Thanks for the help, I'll keep updating here as I Try to solve my problem.
  10. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,589
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10
    NOOOOO!

    If you are going to try to direct charge, you DON'T need to remove the battery to do so~! Just trim the wires on the charger cable, make sure you attach the positive power wire to the + terminal and the negative wire to the - terminal, then apply a piece of tape across the terminals to secure them, and to reduce the change of shorting the wires together.

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaretail.en.03
    By NZRocketman in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
  2. Blur_version.651.167.21.XT910.Retail.en.EU
    By NZRocketman in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. Rom`s to xt910
    By jobs in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
  4. Razr XT910 update issues
    By coloman in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
  5. Razr XT910
    By coloman in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 09:51 PM

Search tags for this page

motorola razr xt910 not turning on

,

motorola razr xt910 white light

,

motorola razr xt910 wont turn on

,
motorola xt910 black screen
,
motorola xt910 not charging
,

motorola xt910 wont turn on

,
xt910 not turning on
,
xt910 white led
,

xt910 white light

,

xt910 wont turn on

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+