DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WiFi/3g/4g issue

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

WiFi/3g/4g issue

I'm having an issue with my internet connection in general. No matter if it is WiFi, 3G or 4G. I will go to get on the internet and I will have no connection but I will have a blue symbol for whichever method I am using to get online. Sometimes I will have the WiFi and 3G/4G signal at the same time but no internet connection. It is sporadic but frequent and really starting to get on my nerves. Its been a problem for some time now I'm just now getting around to asking. I've tried kicking into airplane mode and back to restart the connections but that usually doesn't help. It isn't only with one app. Most frequently its FB and the browser (well that's what I use most obviously) but I have noticed it with some other apps as well.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
    Brittany

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    You've tried rebooting and simulated battery pulls? ( hold power and volume down at the same time until the device shuts off)

1Download speed test and see what the speeds are like in your area. It may be network related, and not your device at all.

2Are you using smart actions? Or a battery defender or app killer?? Make sure if you are, that one of them isn't killing your data. Next...

3There is an app in the play store, its for 4g issues, but I've seen it used for issues like this, and it worked, search for restore connectivity. The app is from Motorola. It could help. Next...

4 You can try powering off, remove your sim, power on...power off and reinsert the sim, power back on.

Hope this helps???

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
    Last edited by 94lt1; 04-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    You've tried rebooting and simulated battery pulls? ( hold power and volume down at the same time until the device shuts off)

1Download speed test and see what the speeds are like in your area. It may be network related, and not your device at all.

2Are you using smart actions? Or a battery defender or app killer?? Make sure if you are, that one of them isn't killing your data. Next...

3There is an app in the play store, its for 4g issues, but I've seen it used for issues like this, and it worked, search for restore connectivity. The app is from Motorola. It could help. Next...

4 You can try powering off, remove your sim, power on...power off and reinsert the sim, power back on.

Hope this helps???

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
    ]

She is using a thunderbolt so he has the true ability to pull the battery and thunderbolts do not have smart actions. But what will likely cure it is what you said in your last sentence......

try powering off, remove your sim, power on...power off and reinsert the sim, power back on.
    Last edited by huskur; 04-20-2012 at 02:11 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I have a RAZR now I forgot to change that! oops! Will go do that now.

Yeah I've done the reboot/'battery pull' and sometimes it fixes the problem sometimes not. Like I said its hard to reproduce time and time again its sporadic.
    I don't think its network related because WiFi does the same thing. (when it works its not slow or laggy just sometimes it just says I have no data/internet connection)
    None of my smart actions are interfering with my data. I don't have a battery defender or task killer.
    It looks like that app is for if you had a battery defender app that messed your settings up but I'll give it a shot (it requires a reboot to restore connectivity which is impractical for every time this occurs so I'm hoping that it's not the only fix)
    I'm going to try pulling the SIM with the power cycles to see if that solves the problem.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks!
    Brittany
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedone View Post
    I have a RAZR now I forgot to change that! oops! Will go do that now.

Yeah I've done the reboot/'battery pull' and sometimes it fixes the problem sometimes not. Like I said its hard to reproduce time and time again its sporadic.
    I don't think its network related because WiFi does the same thing. (when it works its not slow or laggy just sometimes it just says I have no data/internet connection)
    None of my smart actions are interfering with my data. I don't have a battery defender or task killer.
    It looks like that app is for if you had a battery defender app that messed your settings up but I'll give it a shot (it requires a reboot to restore connectivity which is impractical for every time this occurs so I'm hoping that it's not the only fix)
    I'm going to try pulling the SIM with the power cycles to see if that solves the problem.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks!
    Brittany
    Brittany,

My best advice is that if that does not solve it then to do a soft reset. Holding the power button and the volume down button down until the phone resets. If you take it to a VZW store they will do the same test plus maybe do a factory data reset. That is found in Menu>Privacy settings>factory data reset. That will make it like the day you got it. That is a last resort of course but if that doesn't fix it then the next step is to replace the SIM. That will truly tell what the issue is. If they replace the SIM and it still does it then you have a defective device.

Huskur (Scott)
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Yep I forgot the simulated batt pull

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I have done soft resets but the problem persists.
    I'm on my 2nd SIM card. I had some issues with the first one so I had to have it replaced It was giving me a SIM card error and I couldn't connect to 4G. That never messed with my WiFi though. I had forgotten about that. Maybe it is my device! Oh no!!!
    I know if I take it to the VZW store it will undoubtedly work perfectly and as soon as I get home it will mess up again. I have that kind of luck.

Now its a waiting game to see if it is going to do it again.

Thanks!
    Brittany
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I have done soft resets but the problem persists.
    I'm on my 2nd SIM card. I had some issues with the first one so I had to have it replaced It was giving me a SIM card error and I couldn't connect to 4G. That never messed with my WiFi though. I had forgotten about that. Maybe it is my device! Oh no!!!
    I know if I take it to the VZW store it will undoubtedly work perfectly and as soon as I get home it will mess up again. I have that kind of luck.

Thanks!
    Brittany
    I have a saying, s**t happens, but don't worry, it usually happens to me!! Lol. I hope you get to the bottom of your issue. Sorry I couldn't help more.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I had forgotten about that. Maybe it is my device! Oh no!!!

Thanks!
    Brittany
    Brittany my phone has done something similar but it will drop 3g and 4g (bar at the top goes gray and there is no 3x or 4x) all together. Verizon says there is an update but your issue sounds like it may be more device/software related. If you are worried about hassling with the store I would just call the warranty center (1-866-406-5154) seeing as if you got the phone more the 30 days ago they will have you do that anyways. I have got my Razr replaced 3 times and SIM replaced once. Just let them know you have tried all the resets and they will ship out a new phone next day air.

Best of luck,
    Chase
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Oh, how I feel your pain. I have had the same issues regarding connectivity with my razr. I would loose connectivity whether it be service or WiFi at sporadic times. All service indicators such as 4g/3g/wifi will just disappear and leave nothing but signal bars. I am phone #4 and sim card #2 because of this issue and have gone to war against ol' red because of it. I came from iPhone to droid and this issue has made me regret that decision from day one (is it droid or is it moto to blame or both). After a lengthy letter to corporate, I am now able to select any other 4g phone as a replacement, but they all seem to go downhill from the razr and I will not settle for getting a cut rate/out of date product in replacement of the supposedly top notch product that I paid for according to big red. I am keeping my eye on the incredible 4g, but at the same time the latest update 6.12.181 seemed to address all of these issues and since I updated I have not had connectivity issues. If you haven't gotten that update yet, do so as it so far seems to fix things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links