DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please help with bluetooth issue?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr

Question Please help with bluetooth issue?

Hi, I have an issue when I connect my bluetooth device (motorola elite flip) to my droid razr. It (meaning the phone) says "now connected to phone 2" It never said that previously and I was wondering if there's anything wrong with the connection or not. Would prefer it to just say connected to phone 1 and the amount of talk time left. Is this an issue for anyone, thanks so much for any and all help. I'm new to this forum so I apologize for being long winded

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cynder View Post
    Hi, I have an issue when I connect my bluetooth device (motorola elite flip) to my droid razr. It (meaning the phone) says "now connected to phone 2" It never said that previously and I was wondering if there's anything wrong with the connection or not. Would prefer it to just say connected to phone 1 and the amount of talk time left. Is this an issue for anyone, thanks so much for any and all help. I'm new to this forum so I apologize for being long winded
    I don't have the same model, so I don't know directly. But it sounds like it's either been paired with another device or maybe gotten confused judging from the phone 2 part. Have you tried removing the device in the Settings and adding it again?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr

Thanks I already tried that

Thanks for your help. I still have the issue even after pairing and unpairing, deleting bluetooth from device list, and doing a hard reset and a complete resetting of my droid razr. Does anyone know if this issue could be from letting a friend pair my motorola elite flip to their phone to try it, and now the elite thinks my phone is "phone 2"? has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for your help.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Sounds plausable to me. I'd see if you can factory reset the bluetooth device instead. I would have gone that route before going the route of resetting the phone. Below lists the instructions when paring with multiple devices and mentions hearing "<phone X> connected" where "X" is the number 1 or 2. Further down is the method to factory reset. Full instructions can be found at MOTOROLA ELITE FLIP - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Second device

If you are using multiple devices follow the steps below to connect with two devices:

1. Before connecting the second device, turn off the Bluetooth feature of the previously paired device.
    2. Now pair your second device as normal, see Easy Pair steps above.
    3. Once paired, to connect to both devices simply turn them on. You’ll hear “<phone x> connected” as each device connects with your headset.
    4. To use headset features, such as voice dial and redial, with the desired device, just use the feature as normal and follow the voice prompts.

ELITE FLIP Reset to factory default

How do I reset the headset to factory default?

Press and hold the Call button while turning on the headset to turn this features on/off:

• Reset to factory default

Caution: This action erases all pairing information stored in your headset.

Follow the voice prompt.

Good luck!
    SallyC, Sydman and Rogus like this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    FoxKat's got a good idea there which should set you back to "go." I guess it goes without saying, but I'm assuming your friend's phone is not near the headset, right? If so, have them remove the Flip from their BT devices.

These things can be kinda finicky. My Motorola Elite paired flawlessly with my phone until yesterday I used it to connect to an iPod. After that it was wonky and I had to remove it from my phone and start over again to get it working right. Even though my iPod had BT turned off and it wasn't trying to pair with it at the time. But it somehow messed up my phone's relationship with it - a jealous lover?
    Sydman likes this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr

Thumbs up Thank you soooo much!

That worked, thank you so much FoxKat and SallyC, (I thought it was a problem w/the phone).... this is a great forum!
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    That worked, thank you so much FoxKat and SallyC, (I thought it was a problem w/the phone).... this is a great forum!
    So glad it worked out for you. What was it that finally got you working again? Can I assume it was the reset on the headset?
    cynder likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    Yes, the link to reset the headset was what I needed.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Yes, the link to reset the headset was what I needed.
    Awesome. One more happy customer. It's been a pleasure serving you. You can make the check out to Geeks for Leeks!! (LOL!)
    MattyP likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razor
    I have a Plantronics Bluetooth headset and when I go to use it to listen to my music or cadence calls, it keeps skipping and freezing and stopping. Also the bluetooth is supposed to answer a call when you say aanswer and it vary rarely does.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links