DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Text from 6250

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr maxx

Text from 6250

I contacted verizon about this text they said it is from third party texting app, Text seems to come everytime i have a new email this come in as text from 6250 and in the text it reads VZWNMN:1 so I was using handcent they told me to delete it so I did and I have not gotten a text from them since, The problem is I can not stand using stock text you are limited to what it can do with handcent you can customize it the way you like it. Does anyone know I to work around this or fix it so I can use a third party text messaging app.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by fic1 View Post
    I contacted verizon about this text they said it is from third party texting app, Text seems to come everytime i have a new email this come in as text from 6250 and in the text it reads VZWNMN:1 so I was using handcent they told me to delete it so I did and I have not gotten a text from them since, The problem is I can not stand using stock text you are limited to what it can do with handcent you can customize it the way you like it. Does anyone know I to work around this or fix it so I can use a third party text messaging app.
    See link. Text from 6250

B
    lacklist 6250 text in Handcent and you're good to go.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr maxx
    Not sure what you what that is blacklist I texted 6250 in reply and it didd not work. Do I text the word blacklist 6250 in the reply box
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by DocsDad View Post
    See link. Text from 6250

B
    lacklist 6250 text in Handcent and you're good to go.
    Well, it improves the situation but it doesn't remedy it, at least in my case. I followed DocsDad's advice and blacklisted 6250 in Handcent. No longer get notifications (Thank God) but the messages still accumulate. I have 24 of them this morning. Mine are a bit different from others'; they're labeled VZWPIN rather than VZWMTN.

Turns out this problem has been going on for well over a year on various Verizon phones and it is certainly NOT "a third party texting app." It's Verizon's incompetence with their damn "backup assistant." Turning it off doesn't help. Nothing helps.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr maxx
    In the subjuct type blacklist 6250 or what is that
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by fic1 View Post
    In the subjuct type blacklist 6250 or what is that
    Using Handcent, long press the message thread from 6250. A menu will appear that enables you to blacklist that particular sender. The messages may continue to accumulate but you won't be notified.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Two quick things I have learned:
    One: You may not want to remove Backup Assistant Plus as Verizon techs will tell you to do. When I did this it not only erased ALL my emails on BOTH server and phone, but also fragged my email apps on the phone to the point where a complete reset to factory specs was required.
    Two: The texts can be stopped by removing the (Non Gmail) email account and re installing it as POP instead of IMAP. I did this with my LIVE.COM account and the Text messages stopped instantly. Of course push email doesn't work now with that account but it's better than 60 texts a day for nothing.
    Also this is not an isolated problem with any specific phone. The exact same thing happened to me years ago when I switched from a normal phone to a smart phone and is not manufacturer or even Android specific. It seems to be a problem with Verizon's push email notifications, but once you switch to POP it eliminates the weird texts. Hope this helps, at least til their techs figure out the real solution..
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    You can also hide the blacklisted text by going to handcent settings/security & privacy. At least you won't need to look at them either
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    I got a text from 6250 just like you described everytime I tried (and failed) to install the software update.

Don't know if that helps?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 3

My daughter was getting this text also every time an email came through. We went to verizon and apparently it is the email push. So the girl there removed her Yahoo email account (just keeping the gmail account). There is an app in the market for yahoo mail. She installed the app and now there are no more 6250 texts

Links