DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help with poor camera focus performance

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr

Help with poor camera focus performance

My Droid RAZR seems to take very poor pictures. Most of the time after taking pictures they turn out blurry. It's like the shutter speed is very slow and any movement causes out of focus. I've tried two methods and neither seems to help. First I hold the camera on scene until white box turns green and then press the shutter button. Second I hold the shutter button until box turns green and then release. Either method and it seems it takes seconds before I hear the simulated shutter release.

My results are terrible. I didn't have this issue with the previous DROID of course it did have an actual button for shutter. Any ideas?

Keith
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr
    yea the camera still sucks.

What i did to improve it a little bit.

1. Make sure the lense is clean
    2. Make sure your phone is up to date, the last update did improve it a bit.
    3. Factory reset. Annoying to do but did see an improvement.
    Phones I've Used and Abused:
    Droid Razr
    iPhone 4
    Thunderbolt x3
    Droid X x2
    Droid Incredible
    Droid Eris
    BB Storm x4
    iPhone 3G
    Some Samsung POS
    Razr x9
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    VZW Droid1, & Droid Razr Maxx
    I was never happy with D1 camera but the X was much better. Now my Razor camera was ok but was having similar problems untill just last night as I was checking Google Play and noticed an app that I had purchased long ago but was not installed. The app is Camera Zoom FX and they have made remarkable improvements in it's GUI and capabilities.

Now after learning it again I am so far very pleased with the results and especially the access to many more features.
    Hope that's helpful
    X/BillyD..
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithk3933 View Post
    My Droid RAZR seems to take very poor pictures. Most of the time after taking pictures they turn out blurry. It's like the shutter speed is very slow and any movement causes out of focus. I've tried two methods and neither seems to help. First I hold the camera on scene until white box turns green and then press the shutter button. Second I hold the shutter button until box turns green and then release. Either method and it seems it takes seconds before I hear the simulated shutter release.

My results are terrible. I didn't have this issue with the previous DROID of course it did have an actual button for shutter. Any ideas?

Keith
    I'm sorry to hear you are having less than satisfactory results with your camera. I can tell you that this is not what is considered normal. There are plenty of examples of beautiful, clear, focused and vibrant photography that has been posted from other users of the RAZR. I would suggest you check the mode you have the camera set to, whether it's set to A (Auto), or some other setting such as Sunset, Night Portrait or Low Light as these settings when used without flash will result in a longer shutter open timeframe and if there is even the slightest movement it will result in blury pictures.

Otherwise, I would agree that there are better camera clients out there, including Camera ZOOM FX. Give some of the apps a try and you might find the problem resolved.

Good luck!

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    First of all you should make sure your camera lens is clean and in good condition if this is good and best working then try to take auto focus and then make the photo because the old and poor quality cameras mostly have this problem and this is why these cameras are not famous and every body don't like to purchase this...

Links