DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Text from 6250

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RZR!

Text from 6250

Alright guys,

I know I have seen something on here before but I can't find it. I have been receiving SEVERAL text messages from a number of 6250and all it says is VZWNMN:1. As I said I know someone else on here has posted about this and stated that it had something to do with Verizon and the back up assistant app. I need to know how to stop these texts. They kept coming in all night last night while I was trying to sleep. What a pain in the butt!!! Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
    I finally replaced the OG with a brand new white RZR!!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg72 View Post
    Alright guys,

I know I have seen something on here before but I can't find it. I have been receiving SEVERAL text messages from a number of 6250and all it says is VZWNMN:1. As I said I know someone else on here has posted about this and stated that it had something to do with Verizon and the back up assistant app. I need to know how to stop these texts. They kept coming in all night last night while I was trying to sleep. What a pain in the butt!!! Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
    From Verizon support:

The 6250 message is a wake up message for the Sync & Connect email component of the Backup Assistant Plus (BUA+) service available on the device. If the device is capable and has the BUA+ client it should understand the 6250 message as the email alert update on the device and not display it as an unintelligible message. We are looking for reasons why the client may corrupt and display it as text. If the email end points are removed from the web (steps here)(see number 10 and 22) and then you re-add them on the device, it should correct the clients ability to interpret the email alert so it doesn't display as text. Give these steps a try, and the alerts should go away.
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RZR!
    Thanks for the help. I removed it all together so lets see if that works.
    I finally replaced the OG with a brand new white RZR!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg72 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I removed it all together so lets see if that works.
    I hope so - it sounds annoying! From what I've read the automatic sync software is what is sending those messages. And it's doing it every time you receive an email. By removing Backup Assistant you also remove the auto-sync.

It sounds like Verizon is aware of the issue and working on fixing it.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    looking for other thread... probably in the dinc2 forum as that is the phone we had the issue with.. there is a fix through myverizon account..

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
    From Verizon support:

The 6250 message is a wake up message for the Sync & Connect email component of the Backup Assistant Plus (BUA+) service available on the device. If the device is capable and has the BUA+ client it should understand the 6250 message as the email alert update on the device and not display it as an unintelligible message. We are looking for reasons why the client may corrupt and display it as text. If the email end points are removed from the web (steps here)(see number 10 and 22) and then you re-add them on the device, it should correct the clients ability to interpret the email alert so it doesn't display as text. Give these steps a try, and the alerts should go away.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Been happening to me as well. Receiving text messages from the mysterious '6250' twice each day at 8:39AM and 8:39PM. My wife's identical Razr Maxx is not receiving them and the only difference in the two phones is that I had the BUA+ cloud sync for emails feature turned on and she didn't. In my case, however, the messages (and I'm getting a couple at a time probably because I have two email accounts connected to the standard email client) are VZWPIN: long string of numbers.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to do a simple notification change on my wife's Maxx three hours ago. She was getting multiple notifications of email coming from Comcast and Gmail as a result of the forwarding built into her Comcast account on the server. One of the results of the nightmare that ensued is that she is now receiving these damn text messages from Verizon every 15 minutes as a result of VZW's email software turning on the BUA+ service that cannot be turned off!

If it were not for the fact that I hate every other carrier more, I'd leave Verizon. The incompetence of the their software engineers combined with the ignorance of their CS staff is infuriating! (I had to read the VZW support message shown earlier in this thread to the CS person I was dealing with!)

P.S. In the stock VZW email app (which of course cannot be removed) don't make the mistake of pointing it at the google gmail server. The account can never be removed!

Rant over.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I am getting the message as a text as well. I read over the steps but I am confused. Deleting my aol mail push from the email app will render it useless right? Maybe I'm making a mole hill I to mountain but I am confused. This just started happening yesterday though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links