DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screen orientation

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Check your auto kill apps...I had some stuff killed that stopped it from rotating. Not sure specific one...

sent from a RAZR on mah Harley.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid MAXX XT1080M
    Hmmm.... mine's been having the same problem now too.... starts when texting but effects all apps that would normally rotate.
    Have to power down & restart to correct. Started about 3 weeks or so ago and has been becoming more and more frequent as time moves on.

Phone bought at release date in November, but issue is recent for my phone. Must be another sign that I need to trade for the Maxx ....
    IT Factor !!

2013 F150 EcoBoost Supercrew 6.5ft 4x4 white platinum
    2013 Arctic Cat F800 RR
    2012 Arctic Cat F800 LTD
    2010 Arctic Cat SnoPro 500

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233 LE

Scuba yr'round...Australia / Fiji / Caribbean
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by taperk600 View Post
    Hmmm.... mine's been having the same problem now too.... starts when texting but effects all apps that would normally rotate.
    Have to power down & restart to correct. Started about 3 weeks or so ago and has been becoming more and more frequent as time moves on.

Phone bought at release date in November, but issue is recent for my phone. Must be another sign that I need to trade for the Maxx ....
    My Maxx does it too....
    Droid Razr Maxx - rooted 214
    OG Droid - Desk Clock now
    Developer of Coordinate Converter application
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

backups?

Have any of you backed up stuff with TB and then restored the apps and system? Mine started doing the same after a hard reset and restoring the data with TB. Just a thought. I had no time to reset it again and aee if that fixes the problem.

UPDATE: I wrote the message from my phone and now I have access to a PC. So...
    What happened to me was this: I wanted to Reset the phone to the Factory Settings but wanted to keep my apps and data.
    I used Titanium Backup Pro and backed up apps and data and restored them after the Factory Reset.
    I noticed that YouTube and Veetle had problems when I turned my phone in landscape mode. YouTube did not go to full screen and double clicked. It turned in landscape mode then back in the regular one and could not watch the video full screen. Then, after a few tries it would block itself in landscape. I tried numerous times to check/uncheck the Auto Screen Orientation option in Settings to no avail.
    What I did I Factory Reset my phone again ( I just have the time ) and reinstalled all the apps from the Market (Google Play) and apk's. This time I did a fresh install and no data restore no nothing. i did not use my Titanium Backup so I fresh took it from zero. No problems so far. I was afraid that the sensor was broken but it seems there is a glitch or something with one or more of the applications I had installed or with the backups restored on my phone. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by amadeuss; 06-19-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added Update
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    This is most definitely a problem with this phone, and the Maxx. Its all over the internet...people complaining about this issue. Google/Motorola needs to address this with their next update (if they can). It is a well known issue.

I do some video streaming off my phone at times (and the video sucks for one) and I even have the screen flip over when there is a drastic light change coming in to the lens while streaming. And the phone is stationary the whole time.
    (sitting on a desk)
    And of course it happens browsing the web, texting, etc.

One can only hope it will be corrected. Don't even try to fix it yourself with any suggestions you get here or else where. There is nothing you can do to.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
    and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    @scorun2
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR M in White
    I have never heard of this problem, and my RAZR doesn't have it. I even had this phone torn completely apart at one point, still no issues. Maybe it's an app you guys have installed or something... any after market task killers?

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself
    My Google-Enabled Devices

Motorola Droid RAZR M in White - current phone
    Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
    Samsung Chromebook Series 3
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Those with the auto rotate issue, are you in areas with signal levels?

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I was having the exact same problem with mine. I read this entire thread and saw where some suggested that certain apps may be causing it. I went back and deleted all the apps that I had download from around the time that the problem started happening, and viola! It worked! Didn't have to reboot or anything. It took a matter of seconds. I think I narrowed it down to the 'screenshot ultimate' app. But it could have been another one. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links