DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Annoying Swype - skipping, and that friggin' arrow over the W

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Annoying Swype - skipping, and that friggin' arrow over the W

Is anyone having issues with Swype, when as you are swyping, not lifting your finger, it will randomly only select the first letter, then act like you lifted it up and continue again? So, if I wanted to swype "Awesome," it will randomly swype "A wesome" but since wesome isn't a word, it would be something more like "A some." It's reallly annoying especially when you swype fast and not paying attention. Literally happens about once per 2 or 3 text conversations I have.

ALSO, this really pisses me off. When I start a new line in text, that damn arrow blocks me from starting with the W when I want to swype. it just won't let me click it because it's in the way and selects the arrow instead of the W to start with, and strangely I use the W to start my text conversations a lot more than I would ever expect.

Anyone else have these issues or know of a way around them?

Annoying Swype - skipping, and that friggin' arrow over the W-picsart_1329336537335.png
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    About the second issue, on my Droid X there is a gap between the top row of keys and the text entry box, so the arrow does not get in the way. This is the same on both Handcent and the stock messaging app. You could try a different text message app and see the spacing is any different. Another thing I noticed is that the arrow disappears after about three seconds. So if you need to start with "W", you could just wait a few seconds to start swyping.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman5000 View Post
    About the second issue, on my Droid X there is a gap between the top row of keys and the text entry box, so the arrow does not get in the way. This is the same on both Handcent and the stock messaging app. You could try a different text message app and see the spacing is any different. Another thing I noticed is that the arrow disappears after about three seconds. So if you need to start with "W", you could just wait a few seconds to start swyping.
    OK - turns out that GO SMS is the problem with that. Each text program and input on the phone seems to have a different input arrow/selection method. I guess I'll just have to switch programs if it annoys me too much. I have used handcent since my first droid X, but decided to try out GO SMS and was really diggin' it.

So one issue resolved...sorta. anyone else having the other swype issue where it will act like your finger was lifted when it never was? I have seen it posted on a few other forums but no one had an answer

Links