DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: trouble with contacts after root!

  1. Droid Newbie
    trueband007's Avatar
    Member #
    244600
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Razr XT910
    #1

    trouble with contacts after root!

    hey guys, so i rooted my motorola razr xt910 from rogers using the doomslord method. i then used titanium app to uninstall some of the bloatware that wasn't needed. now it force closes everytime i try to access the contacts or make a new one. i can keep it clicked and make a call or write texts. but can't access or edit them. i don't remember uninstalling any apps related to contacts. i realised now i shud've just freezed the apps. can anyone help me out here?!
  2. Senior Droid
    gling's Avatar
    Member #
    82315
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Rooted GS4
    #2
    If you froze or deleted "Yahoo Mail Authenticator", it will force close every time you try to open or edit any contact. There could be others but I know from experience, that is one that will do it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    todroid's Avatar
    Member #
    2112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gling View Post
    If you froze or deleted "Yahoo Mail Authenticator", it will force close every time you try to open or edit any contact. There could be others but I know from experience, that is one that will do it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    There are others. I never froze that one and I had some trouble with Contacts app. Might be Backup+Contacts app or something else, but I did not troubleshoot. Just restored a backup.

    To OP: For your sake, I hope you ran a nandroid backup right after rooting and clockwork install. Then just go back. If not, you'll need whatever app is causing this. Did you backup all your apps with TiB (batch backup) before you started uninstalling some of them?
    You may be able to compare your system/app folder to a system dump for the Razr that is floating on the web (you can find that on XDA), find whatever apps you're missing, put them back into the system folder, check permissions, and you should be able to go. But a backup is always better.
    Last edited by todroid; 01-01-2012 at 11:43 PM.
  4. Droid Newbie
    trueband007's Avatar
    Member #
    244600
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Razr XT910
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gling View Post
    If you froze or deleted "Yahoo Mail Authenticator", it will force close every time you try to open or edit any contact. There could be others but I know from experience, that is one that will do it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    yup thats sounds about right. i remember uninstalling ''Yahoo Mail Authenticator''. i did not think b4 i did cuz i never use yahoo. any idea how to get it back? i don't have a back up. n thanks a lot fer the info!
  5. Droid Newbie
    trueband007's Avatar
    Member #
    244600
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Motorola Razr XT910
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    There are others. I never froze that one and I had some trouble with Contacts app. Might be Backup+Contacts app or something else, but I did not troubleshoot. Just restored a backup.

    To OP: For your sake, I hope you ran a nandroid backup right after rooting and clockwork install. Then just go back. If not, you'll need whatever app is causing this. Did you backup all your apps with TiB (batch backup) before you started uninstalling some of them?
    You may be able to compare your system/app folder to a system dump for the Razr that is floating on the web (you can find that on XDA), find whatever apps you're missing, put them back into the system folder, check permissions, and you should be able to go. But a backup is always better.
    i don't have a back up i was careful to only remove apps that i absolutely did not need. i guess i'll just look for the yahoo authenticator app that is causing this. thanx a lot fer the info though!
  6. Master Droid
    ddfuji's Avatar
    Member #
    240657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rooted XT912
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by trueband007 View Post
    hey guys, so i rooted my motorola razr xt910 from rogers using the doomslord method. i then used titanium app to uninstall some of the bloatware that wasn't needed. now it force closes everytime i try to access the contacts or make a new one. i can keep it clicked and make a call or write texts. but can't access or edit them. i don't remember uninstalling any apps related to contacts. i realised now i shud've just freezed the apps. can anyone help me out here?!
    Shouldn't of uninstalled... I know that freezing corporate sync also causes force closes. I froze it and it did this to me. Unfroze it and it went away. I was reading forums on what to freeze and wat not too. Seeing that yahoo kept giving people problems I just stayed away from it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    ddfuji's Avatar
    Member #
    240657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rooted XT912
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trueband007 View Post
    i don't have a back up i was careful to only remove apps that i absolutely did not need. i guess i'll just look for the yahoo authenticator app that is causing this. thanx a lot fer the info though!
    Nuke and pave!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    gling's Avatar
    Member #
    82315
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Rooted GS4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by trueband007 View Post
    i don't have a back up i was careful to only remove apps that i absolutely did not need. i guess i'll just look for the yahoo authenticator app that is causing this. thanx a lot fer the info though!
    You might want to think about flashing back to stock with the recently released fastboot files as any other pre-installed apps you deleted would prevent you from receiving future OTA's.
    Once back to stock you'll have to update then root again and make yourself a backup before freezing any bloat with TB.
    Just make sure you get the correct version of the fastboot file that matches your phone. Check XDA under "RAZR Android Development".

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. Droid Newbie
    ksteele36's Avatar
    Member #
    305317
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid X 4.5.621 Android Ver. 2
    #9

    Droid X trouble with adding contacts after root

    Quote Originally Posted by todroid View Post
    There are others. I never froze that one and I had some trouble with Contacts app. Might be Backup+Contacts app or something else, but I did not troubleshoot. Just restored a backup.

    To OP: For your sake, I hope you ran a nandroid backup right after rooting and clockwork install. Then just go back. If not, you'll need whatever app is causing this. Did you backup all your apps with TiB (batch backup) before you started uninstalling some of them?
    You may be able to compare your system/app folder to a system dump for the Razr that is floating on the web (you can find that on XDA), find whatever apps you're missing, put them back into the system folder, check permissions, and you should be able to go. But a backup is always better.

    For me it was the "Corporate Sync" app I froze after rooting my Droid X... The phone would not let me add a new contact. I unfroze the corporate sync app and it began working again np. So, thanks for this thread! "KSteele"
  10. Super Moderator
    FoxKat's Avatar
    Member #
    54290
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,588
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ddfuji View Post
    Nuke and pave!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

    "Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble syncing Facebook with contacts
    By bamadroidinc in forum Cyanogenmod
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 06:24 AM
  2. Contacts trouble
    By Droid 2 user in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 12:00 AM
  3. Contacts trouble
    By The2th in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 04:41 PM
  4. trouble linking contacts
    By kdh325 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 07:01 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Search tags for this page

after root not able save contacts

,
after root phone force closes contacts
,

android root contacts

,

can't restore contacts after droid x root

,
cannot open contacts on android
,

cant enter contacts rooted droid x2

,

delete contacts after rooting

,

droid x root create contact problem

,
root droid 3 cannot add contacts
,

yahoo mail android contacts missing

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+