DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Tried something new with the battery

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Tried something new with the battery

I got tired of waiting on the wifi and especially the 3g to load up when I turned my phone on. After updating to 748 I decided to try freezing juice defender, setup just 1 smart action which activates at home or work and moved files into the auto end list.

My results have been phenomenal. Today looks like this:

I'm at 71% and have been running for exactly 11 hours. (Got up early at 5:00am this morning)

Android OS 45% (CPU total 1h 33m 38s)
    Voice Calls 20% (Time on 20m 35s)
    Wi-Fi 16% (running 11h 0m 0s) CPU total 1s (don't understand why so low on cpu but that is what it says)
    Phone Idle 6% (Time on 10h 23m 26s)
    Display 6% (Time on 36m 34s)
    Cell Standby 5% (Time on 11h 0m 0s)
    Word Game Pro 2% (CPU total 6m 9s, same for foreground)
    Kaiten Mail 2% (CPU total 2m 30s, Keep awake 9m 9s) I think it is set to check mail every 2 hours.

No, there is not a lot of use today, but when I first got the phone, there was no way it would be at 71% after 11 hours.

Also, I have frozen about every bit of bloatware possible on the phone. I'm going to bed each night with 60+% most nights. Granted if I was doing heavy usage my numbers would not be as great. I only use 4g when I d/l. For heavy days I have chargers at both office and home as well as a charger in my truck.

I have decided to scrap JuiceDefender for now and enjoy my phone having instant access no matter where I am. No more cutting off 3g and enduring the long wait for it to activate. I still use Juice Defender on my Thrive Tablet. It has been a great help for it.

A very satisfied Moto customer.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    ok, I'm willing to try this but I'm not sure what the auto-end list you're talking about is. Is that in the smart action list? One thing I do that helps is an action that activates on time (11 pm to 5 am), not being charged and battery below 50%. It turns off everything. This is for those nights when I probably forgot to charge it (heaven forbid).
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by armus View Post
    ok, I'm willing to try this but I'm not sure what the auto-end list you're talking about is. Is that in the smart action list? One thing I do that helps is an action that activates on time (11 pm to 5 am), not being charged and battery below 50%. It turns off everything. This is for those nights when I probably forgot to charge it (heaven forbid).
    I use the auto end list in task manager. The only thing I have noticed is it is sometimes a little slow when I start up the screen. After it loads it is fine. Working well for me so far.
    Last edited by Oaklands; 12-28-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Links